is it just me or does the S7 edge outperform the Note 7?

Laserbutt

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I owned sn vzw S7 edge for several months before giving it to one of my employees and grabbing the Note 7 for my daily driver. I am well aware of the comparable specs.

However I cant help but notice that the UI on the Note 7 is just not as fluid as the S7 edge. I'm not sure if its because Note is more feature rich, which it is.. or if the Note is just not as optimized. Maybe it's just my imagination or me having high expectations as the Note historically has always carried better specs than the S series.

Has anyone else had a similar experience??

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Can't say that I have. Note 7 runs about the same as my s7 edge. I would try to backup any important data and do a factory data reset and don't install any apps and use it a few days to see how the performance is. It could be some misbehaving app

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I owned sn vzw S7 edge for several months before giving it to one of my employees and grabbing the Note 7 for my daily driver. I am well aware of the comparable specs.

However I cant help but notice that the UI on the Note 7 is just not as fluid as the S7 edge. I'm not sure if its because Note is more feature rich, which it is.. or if the Note is just not as optimized. Maybe it's just my imagination or me having high expectations as the Note historically has always carried better specs than the S series.

Has anyone else had a similar experience??

The are very close in overall speed and performance. I returned the Note 7 and kept my S7 Edge as my daily driver because the S7 Edge is better for me size & weight wise. Also for me, battery life is better on my S7 Edge because I have the Exynos version. I still have my Note 5. Quite happy with both. The Note 7 was a bit of let down for me.

Laserbutt

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
The are very close in overall speed and performance. I returned the Note 7 and kept my S7 Edge as my daily driver because the S7 Edge is better for me size & weight wise. Also for me, battery life is better on my S7 Edge because I have the Exynos version. I still have my Note 5. Quite happy with both. The Note 7 was a bit of let down for me.

Why was it a let down?

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I really think as phones advance each year we keep expecting the newest one to come out and angels sing when we turn it on lol..

That isnt an insult to anyone, it's just they we talk about these phones for months and get excited and all hyped up, and when we get them in our hands the similarities between the new one and the last one under whelm us.

Once we get them in our greedy lil paws we remember they are nothing more than machines, and we feel let down.

I love my note7, despite the few things i dont like, and i wouldnt go back to my s7 edge or note5 at this point.

Just my opinion..

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen any differences that were big enough for me to notice. I have both active on lines right now and both have been great honestly.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Why was it a let down?

It was a let down for me because I expected the Note 7 to come with 6gb of RAM. When you look at the history of the S series and Note series in that same year, the Note devices always had more RAM than the S series. The Note series has more features and needs more RAM. The lag is more noticeable on the Note 7 than it is on my S7 Edge. It's not horrible like some are saying it is, but it's there. I've had every S series device since the S2 (i9100) - S7 Edge, as for the Note series, I had the Note 2, 4,5 and 7. Every Note device I got had more RAM than my S series device. I noticed a difference in speed and performance compared to my S series device. That was worth buying, But since I already have the Note 5 and S7 Edge, I didn't feel it was upgrading to. If the Note 7 had 6gb of RAM then I would have kept it.
I still love Samsung. I'm probably one of the biggest Samsung fangirls around and proud of it! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie