Coming from iphone to note 7 tomorrow, please help!

furby23

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay so i have had iphones since the very first one.

My new note 7 arrives tomorrow however i have no idea how to set it up with regards to optimizing it etc...

I have done a bit of reading about the android subreddit and i understand i cant passively use this to its full potential as i do with iphones.. Im looking for the best guru on here to help me with a list of what to do for:

• Best battery optimisation out of the box

• How and when to disable imessages as ive heard it can stop you receiving text messages

• The best email app that combines: gmail & outlook

• is anti virus software needed?

• How to get videos and games onto the VR, is there a specific app?

• I have read that a factory reset has helped people get longer battery off the bat, is this needed?

I will add more if I think.

I just want to have it run best as possible and after dwelling in here for a while these are the main questions id be extremely grateful of the gurus to answer.

Thanks for your time, i will be giving karma!

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations, give your self time to play with this awesome little computer.
Your biggest challenge will be Imessages, that's a pain in the butt because of Apple.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I signed out of iMessage the last week I was on my iPhone (on the actual iPhone first and the through the website just to make sure). The only issue I had was with one friend who had been sending to my email address instead of my cell number. Other than that no issues with getting text post iMessage

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. It's super easy to do, because of Apple.
Not sure if serious....lol.

To the OP. It is much better than it used to be. I always just make sure I turn off imessage and FaceTime before I switch to an android phone. For the most part you should be ok. You will have issues with iPhone users that don't have "send as SMS" turned on and with group messages with iPhone users. Other than that it should be good. You can fix the group messages by starting a new group message from your Note 7. Good luck and enjoy!

clg82

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I am doing the exact same thing as well...I appreciate any input that the Android experts can help us with!

Monique King-Viehland

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Okay so i have had iphones since the very first one.

My new note 7 arrives tomorrow however i have no idea how to set it up with regards to optimizing it etc...

I have done a bit of reading about the android subreddit and i understand i cant passively use this to its full potential as i do with iphones.. Im looking for the best guru on here to help me with a list of what to do for:

• Best battery optimisation out of the box

• How and when to disable imessages as ive heard it can stop you receiving text messages

• The best email app that combines: gmail & outlook

• is anti virus software needed?

• How to get videos and games onto the VR, is there a specific app?

• I have read that a factory reset has helped people get longer battery off the bat, is this needed?

I will add more if I think.

I just want to have it run best as possible and after dwelling in here for a while these are the main questions id be extremely grateful of the gurus to answer.

Thanks for your time, i will be giving karma!

I also just switched from the iPhone 6s Plus to the Note 7. I turned off iMessages before I switched the phone number over on both my iPhone and iPad and I haven't had any issues.

I thought Anti virus software was a good idea and I talked to a relative who works in IT and he suggested Bitdefender which is what I am using.

So far, my battery life has been great - right out of the box, but I do not think a reset upfront could hurt.

You may also want to transfer all of your contacts, photos, etc. over to Google Drive. That is what I did and it made the transition fairly smooth.

Hope this helps.

Monique

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. It's super easy to do, because of Apple.
I believe he meant getting everything turned off prior to switching in order to not have issues with text messages from other iPhone users because he was using iMessage. I had issues with some text messages not coming thru for almost 2 weeks when I made the switch about 2 years ago and so did everyone else I knew because it turned out you had to request Apple to purge your phone number from their servers, this was before they built the website where you can now submit your info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34