Status
Not open for further replies.

jjj651

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Re: 60 fps YouTube videos

She films 60fps. Looks great....

https://youtu.be/RfOnyK0zc3Y
Does the video quality setting say whether it's 60fps like it does on the iOS YouTube app? Because I viewed the video and it just says "1080p" and not "1080p 60 fps"

eebc02c86a1131d364bebc734d3849e0.jpg

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes. These are videos that I know support 60fps. Some were shot and edited by me. Besides, I can watch the same videos on other android devices in 60 fps

Hm that is odd that I see them and you don't. Try clearing data on the YouTube app. Re-login back into the YouTube app and see.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I notice you guys are on Verizon from your screenshots. Maybe something they did? Mine is T-Mobile.

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:

jjj651

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site

Yeah I'm in Vegas too, looks like it is a Verizon thing. Shouldn't have anything to do with the carrier though. My iPhone 6 plus was also on Verizon and always displayed 60 fps when available.

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site

Yeah I'm in Vegas too, looks like it is a Verizon thing. Shouldn't have anything to do with the carrier though. My iPhone 6 plus was also on Verizon and always displayed 60 fps when available.

I think it does depend on the carrier because when I had my iPhone 6s Plus here on T-Mobile I was locked out of changing the resolution on cellular so the videos on the YouTube app always looked horrible until I connected to Wi-Fi but with my Note 7 I can pick any resolution that's available while on celluar...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I think it does depend on the carrier because when I had my iPhone 6s Plus here on T-Mobile I was locked out of changing the resolution on cellular so the videos on the YouTube app always looked horrible until I connected to Wi-Fi but with my Note 7 I can pick any resolution that's available while on celluar...
That's an iPhone thing not a carrier thing.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I have the Note 7 on T-Mobile here in Las Vegas, Nevada and when I went to the same video on the YouTube app I have the option to pick 1080p 60fps just fine but it was buffering often.

View attachment 237761

Without Wi-FI

View attachment 237763
If it was buffering that just means the connection couldn't keep up. The option is there on our T-Mobile variants so something is up with Verizon ones from the looks of the others who have Verizon yet don't see it.

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site

If it was buffering that just means the connection couldn't keep up. The option is there on our T-Mobile variants so something is up with Verizon ones from the looks of the others who have Verizon yet don't see it.

Maybe Verizon blocks it on their service? Does anyone know if the Note 5 on Verizon works the same way?

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Maybe Verizon blocks it on their service? Does anyone know if the Note 5 on Verizon works the same way?

I had a Note 5 on Verizon, and it worked just fine selecting 1080P 60 fps. The wife has one currently, and it also works. Besides, the Note 7 has the problem even while on wifi, which is ridiculous

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site

I had a Note 5 on Verizon, and it worked just fine selecting 1080P 60 fps. The wife has one currently, and it also works. Besides, the Note 7 has the problem even while on wifi, which is ridiculous

If it's not working on Wi-Fi either but it's working on the T-Mobile, AT&T and I would assume Sprint models then it's either a software issue on Verizon Note 7's or Verizon is just outright blocking that feature with their own software changes (this is probably the issue).

Status
Not open for further replies.