What happened to the favorites screen on the dialer?

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I liked that on previous Notes. When you dialed, you could see the people you call most, and just tap on them and it would call. Do I have to use the side curved bar for this now? I don't find it to be as convenient

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I was disappointed to see it go as well. I am more disappointed to learn that the "envelope" icon used to send text messages to a contact won't open Hangouts (my default SMS app).

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I miss the list you could make at the top of the message app. That was a handy feature that went away.

Makes you wonder who they talk to and get feedback from!

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
You don't see favorites there? I do. They show at the top of contacts. T-Mobile Note 7.View attachment 237743

Yeah, I have that but it's not quite what I'm referring to. With prior versions of the Note, the dialer would automatically create favorites based off how often you contact someone. It was kinda nice, vs having to manually make a person a favorite and then click contacts

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I have that but it's not quite what I'm referring to. With prior versions of the Note, the dialer would automatically create favorites based off how often you contact someone. It was kinda nice, vs having to manually make a person a favorite and then click contacts
I've never had a Note do this.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Yeah they changed it since previous versions to change it up .. same thing though to be honest. Favs are at the top for quick access.

XGXGXGX

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I had it on my note 5 (T-Mobile) but i don't think it created favorites. Instead it showed something like the 5 people you talked with the most. So it could change from day to day depending on who you talked with the most.

fruithead

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
i had a sprint note 5 (which i no longer had) and it did the same thing. as i called people more frequently, it would add them to a list that displayed when i touched the phone icon on my home screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude