Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is quite good!

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I hope nobody gets mad at me posting this. :)

I just thought I'd start a positive thread to say that I LOVE my new Note 7 (in blue, of course). Is it perfect? Nope. But I love it. Yeah I've encountered some lag here and there, but big deal. It happens. Overall, it's awesome. The camera is great. The display is fantastic. The blue that changes color is so cool.

Could the software be a little better? Sure. In time, it will be. These things only have a one-year lifecycle before the next refresh, so even if it takes that long, it'll still happen. I lived with my Note 3 for three years and put up with the lag (which turned out to be partly my own fault since I never cleared the cache partition until a month before the Note 7 was released), and it was still a great phone. It was the first phone that I didn't end up hating after three months like EVERY other phone I'd owned.

Are there some disappointments with the 7? Yeah, the most notable one (no pun intended) being screen durability. I have a screen protector on order and will be careful with it. It's a worthwhile tradeoff for the features. I also don't care for the push-to-release S-Pin. I like how it was on my Note 3 -- just pull it out. But whatever, it's not a big deal.

I do feel for people who got a defective phone, especially since replacements may be hard to come by. And if I had gotten one, I'd probably be pretty upset too.

Rob

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Agreed; there's no other phone I would want right now. I'm SO glad I didn't keep the iPhone 6S Plus that I tried right after release last year, especially now that so many of them are having screen issues.

kssooner

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
It sucks so many people seem to be having issues with their phones. I hope they get them solved because if their phone was running like mine, I think they'd love this phone. It's not perfect but it's a great phone and I don't miss my 6 plus one bit.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I just sold my 6s plus and going full time with the n7. The screen and camera are enough to make the jump. Nothing is perfect. My first smart phone was a blackberry 6710. I think the problem is unrealistic expectations. Phone tech has been a little stagnant the last couple years. Are they faster and better built. Sure, but it doesn't run a ton faster or better then my note 5. It's still a great upgrade to me from the n 5 and iPhone but you have to know what the improvements really are and what your needs are.

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
the most notable one (no pun intended) being screen durability. I have a screen protector on order and will be careful with it. It's a worthwhile tradeoff for the features.

I agree with everything you said except for this. Other than aesthetics, we wouldn't be sacrificing anything at all for a more durable screen and casing. In fact, we would be gaining a more durable phone and a more relaxed user experience in my opinion. I, too, love this phone with all of its pro's and cons, but after a very costly drop with my Note 5, I definitely resent the glass front and back despite its beauty. Ain't nothin beautiful about a cracked screen. ☺️

los318

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I posted on a different thread about the little issues but overall i'm really happy with it, It's got a nice UI and the SPen is great. I'm really liking it, i'm just waiting for the little bugs to be ironed out.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
It sucks so many people seem to be having issues with their phones

Keep in mind that most people are not having any big issues with their Note 7's. Forums like these are where people come to try to get help when they do have issues. The vast majority of phone owners do not ever (or rarely) post in forums at all. So what you see here reflects a small subset of overall phone users, and that subset is much more vocal when they do have issues. Further, in general folks are more likely to post something if they are having issues than if they are not - though this is certainly not true for everyone.

It is easy to look at forums and assume things about phones - I used to fall into that trap. It's just important to remember that just because 1 person - or a few - are having issues, that isn't necessarily reflective of an overall phone issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC