Note 7 - Phone died at 40%

Chance

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Went from around 40% to completely dead. Couldn't even turn it back on. Was listening to Pandora while phone was in my pocket and it shut off.
Weird thing is, when I looked at the battery chart you could see the charge drop to around 40% then the chart drops off.
This is the first time this has happened.
Won't let me upload pictures..of course lol

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Went from around 40% to completely dead. Couldn't even turn it back on. Was listening to Pandora while phone was in my pocket and it shut off.
Weird thing is, when I looked at the battery chart you could see the charge drop to around 40% then the chart drops off.
This is the first time this has happened.
Won't let me upload pictures..of course lol

Someone else just posted with this same problem recently. How long have you had your phone?

Kelly beat me to it;
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ery-phenomenom-proof-inside-40-0-seconds.html

Chance

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Phone died at 40%

Of course the Android Central app won't work when I need it to.
Says I'm not logged in when I try to post grrrr.
I pre ordered through t mobile 8/3 Blue. Received it the 18. Like most others.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Maybe try the AC forums app? There are two apps. On the AC forums app, click the arrow up button and you will see this. Click the gallery look button.
e0e6a1bdef76b8efc85bf5bb833df15e.jpg

Thelt2000x

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

*sigh* Well after singing the praises of this phone and the battery it finally happened. I noticed my battery was dying extremely fast. Like 1 percent ever 30 sec. Thought it was weird. Then all of a sudden at 25 percent it turned off. So frustrating. Same thing happened with my note 4 and my note 5 had battery issues too. I'll be honest I am a Samsung fan but this is really starting to tick me off. And I hate to say this but I told myself I wasn't going to use my wireless charger because that is when my note 5 started having battery issues. I used it for 3 nights and now this. Coincidence? Maybe. But all I can say is it seems like whenever I use them something happens to my battery.

Attachments

• 11676.jpg
    11676.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 86

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The pictures in posts 7 and 11 are signatures - they might as well have "dendrite" written all over them, because that's what you're seeing. A dendrite (chemically-caused short) growing in the battery, shorting it out. The short burns out (it's only a tiny crystal) and the voltage is around where it was before the short (or even a little higher).

The auto industry is spending billions (that's a "b", not an "m")trying to find out exactly why lithiums do this, so they can make electric cars with lithiums - and no $5,000 "we may have to pay it" tag on the car. NiCds work (hybrid cars use them), but lithiums would work a lot better - except for the dendrite problem. (Imagine accelerating to avoid a fatal accident just as your battery shorts. Wrongful death suits from causes that were known years ago tend to treat money by the long ton, not by the dollar. There's no cost/benefit ratio, because the auto maker would lose. Once they get that problem solved, we'll see dendrite-proof batteries in phones - probably for more money even if it costs 3 cents to fix the problem.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm