Can't get contacts to sync

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I have Gmail and Outlook email accounts. I always used my Outlook account to sync contacts on my mobile devices. After adding my Outlook account, my contacts did show up in the Contacts app, but adding new contacts in the app does not seem to sync back to my Outlook account.

Okay, I figured Gmail might work better on an Android device, so I tried that, but the results we the same. My Gmail contacts populated the Contacts app, but adding new ones still did not sync back - the new contact only shows on the phone, not there when I check the account contacts online.

I'm coming from BlackBerry, and two-way contact syncing through my email accounts always just worked. I could use some help here please.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I have Gmail and Outlook email accounts. I always used my Outlook account to sync contacts on my mobile devices. After adding my Outlook account, my contacts did show up in the Contacts app, but adding new contacts in the app does not seem to sync back to my Outlook account.

Okay, I figured Gmail might work better on an Android device, so I tried that, but the results we the same. My Gmail contacts populated the Contacts app, but adding new ones still did not sync back - the new contact only shows on the phone, not there when I check the account contacts online.

I'm coming from BlackBerry, and two-way contact syncing through my email accounts always just worked. I could use some help here please.

Have you checked the sync settings under the accounts section of the settings menu? For some reason I had to turn sync contacts on for my Google account. It was off

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I resolved the issue. I use BlackBerry HUB. If I add the account through the HUB, the contacts download but don't sync back for some reason. A bug I guess. If I add the Outlook.com account through the phone Settings-Accounts using Microsoft Exchange type, the contacts sync both ways. I only use my Outlook.com account for syncing Contacts and Calendar, so I left that account out of the HUB and just have it set up in the phones Account settings - with all sync options turned on except Mail for this account. All my other "real" email accounts are in the HUB.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463