Are you supposed to reboot your phone from time to time?

fitcherama

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Or leave it be if everything is working fine? Am I right in thinking you press power and volume down at the same time?

Many thanks.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Or leave it be if everything is working fine? Am I right in thinking you press power and volume down at the same time?

Many thanks.

Hi there. An occasional reboot is never a bad thing. Your phone is essentially a computer. To restart press and hold the power button and you will see an option to restart or shutdown the phone. Tap the one to restart. You can also, depending on your carrier, set up scheduled restarts if you like.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi there. An occasional reboot is never a bad thing. Your phone is essentially a computer. To restart press and hold the power button and you will see an option to restart or shutdown the phone. Tap the one to restart. You can also, depending on your carrier, set up scheduled restarts if you like.

I miss that restart feature. Darn you Verizon lol.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

Lol no kidding. I have no idea why they feel the need to gimp their phones. If it was a confusing feature I could understand them not wanting to field calls on it so hey, get rid of it. But things like Download Booster and other features make no sense

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

I'm just happy its there as an option when I press the power button. It's one of the things that always annoyed me about my Droids - I always had to turn them all the way off. The N7 also boots much faster than the Droids.

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I have mine on schedule every Monday morn at 2AM. Likewise when I had the Note 5. The phone is essentially a computer so a restart at least once a week is needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12