Strange crash

dzstoys

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
I was on the phone on the way home from work tonight connected through my car stereo via bluetooth. When I got home I switched the handset to speaker phone, turned off the car and switched on my BT headset. I found this to be the most reliable procedure with my Note Edge and then my Note 5. The headset did not connect instantly as it usually does, it first went in to pairing mode, and then connected a few seconds later. After the connection established I was only able to continue the conversation over the headset for a brief period of time before my phone restarted.

As it restarted, I did not get the usual AT&T tones, but I did see the AT&T splash screen. When it came back up, I had to enter my password instead of using biometrics to unlock the phone.

This is the first time this has happened, but the strange thing is that my phone's uptime shows that it has been up for over a day. I am a bit surprised that the phone does not know that it restarted, has anyone else seen anything like this?

MotoWojo

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
You don't, by chance, have the Auto Restart set for the time this happened? I have a Verizon variant, so I do not even have that option, but I thought I would throw it out there. I've had my Note 7 since the 19th and it has never restarted on it's own.

dzstoys

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
AutoRestart is set for Saturday at 3:00am so I do not think it was the issue. AutoRestart is not supposed to restart the phone when it is in use, though I have never seen it in operation and do not know if it works as it is supposed to or not...