For those with cracked screens and damages...

AxiosENT

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
have you gone and replaced your phones yet via insurance or protection plan?

are you getting any trouble when trying to switch ?

I have a small crack on the edge of my screen when it barely tapped the corner of my desk when I was getting it out of my pocket the other day and im upset it cracked so easy. thinking of filing a claim on it or possibly hold off on it till I have bad damage to where its beyond use to make it worthwhile? idk what to do

AxiosENT

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
31196e6f0afe0fa4c6371c64236c8173.jpg

def918785b1aab1fd0543e33e4dde20f.jpg

6643034d5dc20718fc8e570f313f2b92.jpg

ocyberbum

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue, mine fell out of my pocket getting on my motorcycle and that was it and the messed up thing was my pre-order S View case came in the mail later that day.. not sure if it was bad luck but my note 3 took many drops over the years and It never cracked and my other phones never did either but I guess it was just my luck...... I had the insurance through Sprint So after sending an email with my Id, a Signed form saying I wasn't frauding them, I paid Asurion 250.00 dollars for a new one. I got the new phone today and I put my Samsung S View case cover on it but I'm thinking I may get a Otterbox to be safe since i'm not sure if the S-View case will be enough. One good thing was I got to keep all the accessories for the both phones ..

Attachments

• 20160901_040137.jpg
    20160901_040137.jpg
    640.4 KB · Views: 114

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey, people here say it's a glass phone, glass cracks, what do you expect when you buy a glass phone. A premium $900 phone doesn't mean it's indestructible. Cannot recommend using a case enough :-\

willmii1207

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
My wife dropped her phone day 2 with a ringke slim case on. The case is not meant to protect from drops much so I cant blame the case. However, I signed up for Samsung Protection Plus online and paid $129 for 2 year coverage. If and when I decide to replace her phone it will cost $99. If you have time to sign up for it I highly recommend it. My carrier t-Mobile was charging $12 monthly with a $175 deductible. We are not replacing the phone just yet. Letring it get some more abuse before replacing.

EvEr34

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Mine developed a crack in the upper right corner for no apparent reason. No drops or impact.

Anyways, with a little convincing my carrier came through and sent me a new phone.

AxiosENT

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
ya i agree its a glass phone and should be handled with care or in a case but with that being said the note 5 was made of glass too and it took more falls among other people and still managed to survive.

it could be the edge design to where its a weak spot in the glass or something else. **** happens oh well maybe with this recall stuff going on ill get a free replacement ill just play the waiting game.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
ya i agree its a glass phone and should be handled with care or in a case but with that being said the note 5 was made of glass too and it took more falls among other people and still managed to survive.

it could be the edge design to where its a weak spot in the glass or something else. **** happens oh well maybe with this recall stuff going on ill get a free replacement ill just play the waiting game.
The Note 5 doesn't have an exposed screen.

xxaarraa

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Hey, people here say it's a glass phone, glass cracks, what do you expect when you buy a glass phone. A premium $900 phone doesn't mean it's indestructible. Cannot recommend using a case enough :-\

This is the sort of dumb response that gets me every time someone on the forum replies to a screen cracked thread. Yes, we know its a $900 phone, we paid for it. Yes, we know its glass, that's pretty well advertised.

That doesn't mean phones should be so brittle, especially when they are advertised as tough with gorilla glass branding. They should hold up to small everyday dings and drops. Tapping it against a table and having the glass crack is really silly, Samsung should really wake up and address this for their next S8 / Note 8 builds.

panzerghost

May 14, 2013
Visit site
My wife dropped her phone day 2 with a ringke slim case on. The case is not meant to protect from drops much so I cant blame the case. However, I signed up for Samsung Protection Plus online and paid $129 for 2 year coverage. If and when I decide to replace her phone it will cost $99. If you have time to sign up for it I highly recommend it. My carrier t-Mobile was charging $12 monthly with a $175 deductible. We are not replacing the phone just yet. Letring it get some more abuse before replacing.

This will sounded off; doing a little mental math $129 + 99 = $228 > $175.

The $12/month is still being paid regardless (unless you paid off the phone).

Would be worth it if I can cancel out the $12 per month though.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
have you gone and replaced your phones yet via insurance or protection plan?

are you getting any trouble when trying to switch ?

I have a small crack on the edge of my screen when it barely tapped the corner of my desk when I was getting it out of my pocket the other day and im upset it cracked so easy. thinking of filing a claim on it or possibly hold off on it till I have bad damage to where its beyond use to make it worthwhile? idk what to do
What's your deductible? If it's high like mine $250.00, I'd wait for worse damage. That will spread eventually, I think.

willmii1207

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
This will sounded off; doing a little mental math $129 + 99 = $228 > $175.

The $12/month is still being paid regardless (unless you paid off the phone).

Would be worth it if I can cancel out the $12 per month though.
That's the catch. You can cancel t-mobile monthly but won't be allowed to put coverage back on the device. With Samsung I can replace the device up to twice in a 12 month time period every year. Ends up being less in the long run:

$12mth carrier fee × 12 months =$144 + $175 deductible =$319.
$129 + $99 deductible = $228

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
This is the sort of dumb response that gets me every time someone on the forum replies to a screen cracked thread. Yes, we know its a $900 phone, we paid for it. Yes, we know its glass, that's pretty well advertised.

That doesn't mean phones should be so brittle, especially when they are advertised as tough with gorilla glass branding. They should hold up to small everyday dings and drops. Tapping it against a table and having the glass crack is really silly, Samsung should really wake up and address this for their next S8 / Note 8 builds.
Yeah they should. Sucks for people that have cracked phones.

I personally never got the excitement for glass phones. If this phone was made of plastic, I'd still buy it.

With that being said though, use a case people, accidents happen and this phone is way too slippery to use without one.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
That's the catch. You can cancel t-mobile monthly but won't be allowed to put coverage back on the device. With Samsung I can replace the device up to twice in a 12 month time period every year. Ends up being less in the long run:

$12mth carrier fee × 12 months =$144 + $175 deductible =$319.
$129 + $99 deductible = $228
Yes, I've never personally dropped a phone yet.

I get carrier coverage for at most 6 months to ensure I'm acclimated to handling the phone. Really just do what you think is best for you. I usually only get coverage for that period where damage well bother me. I probably won't care in 6 months.