Package Disabler List?

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Based upon reading around here, installed Package Disabler Pro and picked a bunch of stuff to disable. I didn't even think I had any lag or anything, but my phone is SNAPPY now.

I'm sure there's a lot more stuff I can disable without repercussions, but I played it pretty safe; if I had no idea what something was, I just left it alone. Is there a good list of things we can disable with no issues?

I'm on Verizon.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
There are several lists for the S6. Can't vouch for their reliability--i.e. accuracy in predicting whether or not you'll screw something up by disabling it. Don't know whether any have come out yet for the S7 or the Note. Search for "bloatware" here or on XDA or on many of the other Android forum sites. But, as Antman said, Package Disabler is the way to go. Although it's a bit techy, it tells you whether you should, maybe shouldn't, or certainly shouldn't disable an app. And, for each app or service, it offers a link to a Google search that explains what the thing is and does. If this seems too techy or intimidating, then perhaps you should be careful and live with the bloatware.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000