Samsung pay won't work with any case I use on Verizon note 7

Christopher Gilliam

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I have literally gone through 4 cases and Samsung pay will not work with any of them , even the ones advertised to work with Samsung pay. Is anyone else out there having this issue as soon as I take the case off it works just fine it just won't work with the case on

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Spigen case on my S7E since day 1 and Samsung Pay has worked very nicely. If your phone is still under warranty I'd consider replacing it.

xxaarraa

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Moral of the story: Don't buy a sleek and slim phone and immediately put it inside a honking big plasticky case...

:) I am only kidding...

Christopher Gilliam

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I have both those cases and it's not working with either. I also tried the Caseology slim case and otter bix slim and its not workig with them on...I'm going to reach out to Verizon and Samsung and see if I can have my phone replaced

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
That's odd, but before exchanging...

-does it work without a case? I ask BC you didn't specify
-my local Best Buy has a demo area to play with Samsung Pay, if convenient it might be worth a trip to see if you can get it to work there.

I ask BC I notice that with certain machines I have to really try to get it to read, sometimes it takes a few attempts to get Samsung Pay to work, specifically in Target. I don't know if it is BC the card reader is deeper or what, but I would try it out a little bit more first.

But if not hope your exchange goes smoothly. Oh, and mine works fine with a Tech 21 case.

Christopher Gilliam

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes I went to a Walmart, seven eleven, Target and Kroger, all places I use samsung pay regularly with my note 5. I tired it with different cases on the note 7 it would not work the machines keep giving me a card read error. I take the case off and it work 1st try at every location

MotoWojo

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I have Verizon and use an UAG case and Samsung Pay has worked each time I tried using it. I just bought the Samsung Wireless charging stand at Target and had to go to the service counter to get a price match and used Samsung Pay to pay for it. The lady at the counter said that it wouldn't work, but it worked just fine. In fact, she called over the manager to tell him I paid with my phone and he was surprised. He said it is the first time that he has seen someone do that at his store. Backwoods, WI....

Christopher Gilliam

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I have Verizon and use an UAG case and Samsung Pay has worked each time I tried using it. I just bought the Samsung Wireless charging stand at Target and had to go to the service counter to get a price match and used Samsung Pay to pay for it. The lady at the counter said that it wouldn't work, but it worked just fine. In fact, she called over the manager to tell him I paid with my phone and he was surprised. He said it is the first time that he has seen someone do that at his store. Backwoods, WI....

I'm not familiar with UAG which case are you using ...I use it at Targets all the time with the note 5 I've gotten real use to using so it's supper anyoing to have isse now

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Works with my candy shell and my spigen. Have you seen the chart someone posted (somewhere) about where exactly to place your phone to get it to read?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the Verizon Note 7 and it has been in a Spigen Ultra Clear since day one. I have not had any issues with Samsung Pay at all. At least not related to the case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance