UI animation Lag not feeling it

wricu01

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I sure I'm not the only who is experiencing this but when I unlock my phone I get this stutter, or when I it hit the home key to back to the home screen it does it most of the time

Now I have the note5 and gs7 edge and neither do this they need to address this **** not happy

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I sure I'm not the only who is experiencing this but when I unlock my phone I get this stutter, or when I it hit the home key to back to the home screen it does it most of the time

Now I have the note5 and gs7 edge and neither do this they need to address this **** not happy

1. Hard reset from recovery and clear the caches
2. When setting up again do not use SmartSwitch or let Google load all your apps at startup.
3. Set it up (before any software or syncing) and then test for the lag.
4. If still lag you have a phone issue.
5. If no lag start by adding your apps one at a time and check for lag.
6. Use SmartSwitch but don't let it load any apps. Do those manually.

As you load apps keep checking for lag. You may have a bad app. If you figure it out, try clearing the data and the cache for the app and see if that helps the lag.

Daiz4yota

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Yea I'm getting pretty bad home screen unlocking lag, and even worse google maps lag. Its crazy. Came from an iPhone so I started this out from scratch. Not sure what to do...

wricu01

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
It's Samsungs UI. It's just not optimized they will address this on the first update... What carrier are you om I'm sprint

Laserbutt

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site

Dude... thats what I'm trying to say. I created a thread last week asking if anyone who previously owned the s7 edge felt like the UI performance wasn't as fluid.

I love the feature set of the Note 7, right now I'm trying to figure out if those features are worth the lack in UI fluidity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol