Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, the devices are supposed to start being available no later than 9/21. That though is a BIG difference from being available for all current Note 7 customers. My guess is this drags on for a a few weeks. LG must be kicking themselves.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I have been seeing sprint folks getting theits since yesterday that's awesome !!! Looks like sprint was on top of things unlike bloody att

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I called best buy and again clueless and don't have them. Many locations are clueless they don't have them they don't know when they are getting. Same story. So I'm starting to feel that this will drag out for a long time.. hate to say it kind of loosing hope slowly

Last edited:

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The bulletin did specify 9/21 for beginning (not complete) availability, so not getting the apparent surprise some appear to have.

Agreed it sucks, but a lot of devices to push through to correct for all retail channels.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
But the government approved it no? So why still the hold up?

Also can anyone track their preorder number online on best buy website ??

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
But not a hold up, based on the bulletin ;) Seems 9/21 is logistics issue to get product from wherever the product was being quarantined. Quarantine is an absolute part of process with CPSC.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'll be so mad if Best Buy gets it after the 21st....just called and they don't have any in
If they don't have it by 2morrow I never dealing with BB for mobile again

NCTRNL2

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
So...went in to a Best Buy this weekend and just wanted to see if there were any updates. (Yeah...I love torture.) I found it odd that both people working the Samsung area...were using their personal Note 7 devices still. Seems like a bad image to portray.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I'll be so mad if Best Buy gets it after the 21st....just called and they don't have any in
If they don't have it by 2morrow I never dealing with BB for mobile again

To be fair.. the issue is with Samsung.

Best Buy is the middle man in between the carriers & Samsung. Granted, Best Buy can have poor customer service at times. But if there is no Note7s by the 21st... your frustration is with Samsung.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Well, I went to my Local BB, I was told they had Not rec any AT&T N7's yet (This was no surprise) I was also told that I had to have an email telling me that my replacement was in to exchange mine. (I registered on the BB site to be advised when They become available, I would not really consider that any kind of pre order/reservation) the BB page no longer has a space to enter your email address, if you call the support number you wind up getting directed to a recording telling you to go to the webpage) Really?
I do not feel this is helpful, I will check my local BB on 9/21 to see if they have rec stock, if they have I will try to get swapped (Hopefully i will rec additional communication from BB) The one email I have received from BB corporate on 09/09 was generic and simply instructed me to go into a BB when replacements were available and get swapped, return the note or select an alternate device. I guess we'll see how this plays out :)

Cheers,
BR

ScottJ28

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
That's odd because the kid sitting right beside me was an at&t customer and had a brand new note 7 in a black box opened up trying to get switched. They were having some kind of issue, but I left before it could be resolved. The Best Buy mobile person said they have the replacement notes.

This was at the Town and Country BB beside Guitar Center as there are 3 BB's in Knoxville

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
And you know what's worst? Samsung told me several times that all carriers and best buy will have them on 21st and all colors... so clearly there is a disconnect between all 3 parties..and we get the short end of it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87