Good Note7s and... bad Note7s? (not battery-related)

DanRomania

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I have read a lot of forum discussions lately about this phone as I have preordered two of them. There are mainly two sides on the internet, the ones who have no problems regarding the performance of the phone and didn't report any lag or other problems and the others who complain a lot about this aspect reporting visible bad performance of the phone comparing with its litte brother, the S7E. So, what do you think? Out of 10 devices 4-5 are laggy and perform bad and the other are just fine? (I am referring strictly to the phone experience/performance, not any battery-related issues)

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Mine lagged. I'm attributing the lag to setting it up initially with the "restore from Google" option. I factory reset it, this time as a new device, I then logged in to my Google account and downloaded all my apps manually. It's been flawless since.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Some of the issues can be attributed to allowing Samsung and Google to auto-populate your phone. A hard reset from recovery before setting up, as well as preventing S & G to auto-download anything will go a long way towards a trouble free device. Some apps don't play well nicely and it's easier to figure out what's causing the lag if you do it yourself. I downloaded something yesterday and now it's a big laggy. It's not the phone it's the app and I can't find it to remove it. Since it's going back in the recall I'm not worried. Won't be applying that app again on the new one.

Christine Aflak

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Mine is fine, I've had no issue at all which is why I'm scared to replace it with a new one and get bad performance. But then again, I need my hands and don't want them burnt from a sudden explosion.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine is fine, I've had no issue at all which is why I'm scared to replace it with a new one and get bad performance. But then again, I need my hands and don't want them burnt from a sudden explosion.
And then there's those smiling faces in your avatar. Don't want them burned or scarred.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
So, what do you think? Out of 10 devices 4-5 are laggy and perform bad and the other are just fine? (I am referring strictly to the phone experience/performance, not any battery-related issues)

It's probably not possible to know the percentage. Mine works great. Folks who have issues post in forums at a much higher percentage than folks who don't. And rightly, so, as they are probably seeking help. It always works this way though. There is usually a loud, vocal minority of folks who have issues. This leads to the perception that there are issues in a much higher percentage of phones than really exists - because these folks post often and "loudly" :). It has always been so, and will always be so, I believe.

The other factor is that there are differences in people's tolerances for things like lag. Some folks will accept a certain "delay" a normal, others may perceive it as lag, and report it as lag. So because of this (and 100 other factors like bad apps, widgets, etc), it is very hard to accurately gauge things like this,

My personal opinion is that most modern flagships, including this one, run pretty great overall nowadays.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine lagged. I'm attributing the lag to setting it up initially with the "restore from Google" option. I factory reset it, this time as a new device, I then logged in to my Google account and downloaded all my apps manually. It's been flawless since.
That's what I did and mine has been lag free

Christine Aflak

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
And then there's those smiling faces in your avatar. Don't want them burned or scarred.

Those smiling faces belong to me and my brother when we were children. I completely understand what you're saying, and like I mentioned I am terrified the phone will explode. But I am also hoping the replacement is as perfect as the one I have now.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I am terrified the phone will explode. But I am also hoping the replacement is as perfect as the one I have now.
Ditto. That's my only concern. I don't want to setup three times because of a rushed put-together and minimal QA to get them out the door. That said, I'm not worried, just don't want to get stuck between Sprint, Sammy, and Assurion (hate them). I'm not going through all of this and then have to pay $250 to fix something that was missed in QA.

Took an update last night since this one is going back and it played nicely. It optimized some things and I'm not sure what else, but went smoothly. I also signed up for the ActionNote Beta, but still didn't get the download. :-/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles