What will Samsung Need to do to regain customer confidence in the N7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
If you own and love your N7, Samsung will probably need to do nothing to keep your loyalty, except to handle the recall and exchange smoothly.

But if you are experiencing lagging issues with your phone, or have been concerned how easily your expensive phone's screen scratches, perhaps Samsung will need to do more.

Finally, if you have yet to purchase the N7, what could Samsung do to encourage you to buy it, given the less than consistent favorable user experience with this phone and possible quality control issues?

For example, do you expect a "fire sale" (pun intended) once new N7's become available again?

Will Samsung hold firm on pricing but continue to give bonus accessories or substantial discounts on them?

Will they need to offer extended warranties?

What else should Samsung do to limit the damage to the N7's reputation as the best phone available? To many, especially those who have yet to buy the N7, that reputation could be in question.

Last edited:

Rafterman00

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
My Samsung Confidence is at an All Time Low

First the Note 7 debacle - and I really liked it, the first time that I was considering making Android my primary phone over the upcoming iPhone 7. But I returned it and will see how things play out, I didn't want to commit myself right now.

But now, my Samsung Gear S2 Classic watch decided to hose itself. I was connected to my Note 7 just fine, numbersync worked, everything was great. Well, then the Note 7 disaster...soooo I took the opportunity to test my Gear S2 Classic with my iPhone, using the Gear beta app. I did a watch factory reset, connected to the iPhone OK. But when I went to do numbersync from the website, I never received a code. I go to the Connections menu on the Gear to start numbersync setup from there - and the numbersync menu is missing. So is the NFC option - physically gone. Both were always in that menu previously. But now - gone. Did a few more factory resets - the menu options for those two options are not there anymore.

Samsung support, in their usual uselessness, said to send the watch in to be re-flashed. But I may just wait for the promised new firmware that adds some S3 features to their S2s later in the year - see if that puts everything back.

Right now, Samsung is not my favorite company.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
This was the first Note I was interested in; actually the first Samsung branded phone I've been interested in ever. And I'm glad I didn't get it, but I don't have any requirements for them going forward except for fix the processes that allowed for this scenario.

greenplumber

May 29, 2016
Visit site
Re: My Samsung Confidence is at an All Time Low

My note 7 and s2 working 100%, love em! They had a few battery issues and are making it right for the customer. What more can ya ask for?

Andy Lam1

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

My note 7 and s2 working 100%, love em! They had a few battery issues and are making it right for the customer. What more can ya ask for?
I agree, it was a small number to begin with it not like they are exploding all over the place. They are doing this for our safety and it's probably costing them a lot of money to do so

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
If you own and love your N7, Samsung will probably need to do nothing to keep your loyalty, except to handle the recall and exchange smoothly.

But if you are experiencing lagging issues with your phone, or have been concerned how easily your expensive phone's screen scratches, perhaps Samsung will need to do more.

Finally, if you have yet to purchase the N7, what could Samsung do to encourage you to buy it, given the less than consistent favorable user experience with this phone and possible quality control issues?

For example, do you expect a "fire sale" (pun intended) once new N7's become available again?

Will Samsung hold firm on pricing but continue to give bonus accessories or substantial discounts on them?

Will they need to offer extended warranties?
I will be happy having the replacement. I think they have done a lot vomit forth and doing what is needed making sure the problem is taken care of. I still remain loyal to Samsung. I am sure you will find away to get more . I see customers all the time trying for more.
Be happy you weren't hurt and be happy they are making the decision to recall every phone sold. They could had chosen a select few on the recall. But Samsung felt the need to replace ALL of them.
I only hope Verizon will exchange the screen protector. Other than that happy mowing I will have my phone 100% operative without concerns.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

First the Note 7 debacle - and I really liked it, the first time that I was considering making Android my primary phone over the upcoming iPhone 7. But I returned it and will see how things play out, I didn't want to commit myself right now.

But now, my Samsung Gear S2 Classic watch decided to hose itself. I was connected to my Note 7 just fine, numbersync worked, everything was great. Well, then the Note 7 disaster...soooo I took the opportunity to test my Gear S2 Classic with my iPhone, using the Gear beta app. I did a watch factory reset, connected to the iPhone OK. But when I went to do numbersync from the website, I never received a code. I go to the Connections menu on the Gear to start numbersync setup from there - and the numbersync menu is missing. So is the NFC option - physically gone. Both were always in that menu previously. But now - gone. Did a few more factory resets - the menu options for those two options are not there anymore.

Samsung support, in their usual uselessness, said to send the watch in to be re-flashed. But I may just wait for the promised new firmware that adds some S3 features to their S2s later in the year - see if that puts everything back.

Right now, Samsung is not my favorite company.

Samsung rep went remotely into my phone when I couldn't get it to.pair. very good service. Working well.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I haven't bought the N7, although I played with one and liked it. In fact, I never buy a new model phone or car until inevitable early production problems get worked out, whether it's with hardware or software. Frankly, the N7, IMO, has been overpriced to begin with. Yet, it sold well until the battery fiasco stopped all its sales. I doubt that Samsung can support its original pricing, especially with other flagship phones coming out in the next 2 weeks. We'll see how those phones compare and are priced. Even without an spen, people are certain to consider them, unless they have money to burn on a higher priced N7.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

That's not good, but the whole thing sounds to me like you can't get your Gear S2 paired with your iPhone after a factory reset.

You might want to Check out the Gear s2 forums here, as they might have more specific fixes/info for you. Keep in mind these things happen to all devices sometimes, from all OEMs. Don't get too down on Samsung just yet. Good luck, I hope you find a solution.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't know that they will need to do anything. Consumer confidence will come back and the battery issue will be yesterday's news in a matter of weeks.

The lagging issue IMHO was blown way out of proportion when you consider the number of units sold versus the number of folks who had issues, I don't see that as a major Impact to the perception of this product. Every new release has a myriad of reported issues on various forums, often it's the same people reporting the issue on the different venues.

Samsung is in the fortunate position to be a market leader, have a strong and devoted user base, and they will get through this just fine. Had this been a drawn-out affair and required government agencies to get involved in order to get a recall going, then it would be a different story.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
All they got to do for me is provide me with a good and safe phone. That's all. They don't need to give me anything else like freebies(although those are nice lol) etc. Just make the issue right and move on.

feihu989

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
It is true that Samsung's phone is not as stable as iPhone, but they are making new stuff really fast, we may not call it innovation but they do release exciting new feature on their phone quicker than their competitor, i still love Samsung.

Rafterman00

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

No, it has nothing to do with pairing, its fine and the iPhone sends all its notifications, S Health data, etc. Its still beta and kind of raw, but 75 percent of it is there.

The Gear S2 has its own menu options on the watch itself to do things like turn off various radios. The Numbersync and the NFC on/off were two options that were always in the Connections menu on the S2 - and they are gone now.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't know that they will need to do anything. Consumer confidence will come back and the battery issue will be yesterday's news in a matter of weeks.

The lagging issue IMHO was blown way out of proportion when you consider the number of units sold versus the number of folks who had issues, I don't see that as a major Impact to the perception of this product

The number of people with battery issues, like a death toll immediately following an earthquake, only would be going up without a recall. Samsung is trying to limit the aftershock damage, by getting all of these phones back as soon as possible, to avoid even more bad publicity and potential personal liability law suits. To those who already own and love the N7 or other Samsung products, you could be right that they will remain loyal to Samsung. However, there is no question that for others, it has had a negative impact. For example, there have been many loyal Iphone users who jumped the Apple ship, for the first time to get a N7. While initially happy, many are going back to Apple, instead of exchanging their N7, because of quality and reliability concerns that they didn't have with Apple.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I dont want anything else. Just give me my perfectly working note7 like this one is and ill be happy. Not interested in LG so no V20 for me. Definitely not an iPhone guy and will never again buy another Motorola/droid phone again. HTC never even enters my mind for my money. Nexus/pixel is very bland and boring for me. Nothing on the market is in the same ball park as the note7.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
It is true that Samsung's phone is not as stable as iPhone, but they are making new stuff really fast, we may not call it innovation but they do release exciting new feature on their phone quicker than their competitor, i still love Samsung.
Apple has nothing to weigh their software down like Samsung does. Samsung is filthy rich with features and the s-pen. IPhone has force touch.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
The number of people with battery issues, like a death toll immediately following an earthquake, only would be going up without a recall. Samsung is trying to limit the aftershock damage, by getting all of these phones back as soon as possible, to avoid even more bad publicity and potential personal liability law suits. To those who already own and love the N7 or other Samsung products, you could be right that they will remain loyal to Samsung. However, there is no question that for others, it has had a negative impact. For example, there have been many loyal Iphone users who jumped the Apple ship, for the first time to get a N7. While initially happy, many are going back to Apple, instead of exchanging their N7, because of quality and reliability concerns that didn't have with Apple.

To be honest I in a way don't blame them. Cause if I'm normally a samsung junkie lol, and I went with the iPhone for the first time and they had a recall I might just run back to samsung too. Even tho I would like to give the company a chance first tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15