How to backup Secure Folder?

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Getting ready to backup my phone in anticipation of the recall exchange, but I can't figure this one out :(

I don't/won't use any cloud services. I always backup to my PC via USB. I can't find anything that might indicate it's the Secure Folder. Scanned with DiskUsage for any unusually large files (thought it might create a "container", like TrueCrypt, but nothing stood out). Also tried reconnecting the USB cable after entering the password and having the Secure Folder screen open and received this message: "Security policy restricts use of the computer connection". Googled that msg, and nothing related to the N7 .

Other than removing the files from the Secure Folder, backing up, copying them back, etc., I'm stumped.

Last edited:

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Don't think you will be able to copy the entire folder. And for security purposes you wouldn't want that option to be available anyway.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I never came up with a truly secure method. Considering I would never backup any sensitive info to Samsung (or ANY) cloud/server/etc., I went with the next best/easiest thing (for me):

- zipped my Secure Folder contents to a password protected .zip file
- moved it out of Secure Folder
- sent it to my new phone with WiFi Direct
- then moved it to that phone's Secure Folder

With my N8 to a warranty replacement N8, I did the same thing, but moved the .zip file (after moving it out if Secure Folder) from one phone to the other via my laptop & usb.

All of that was way less convoluted than it sounds :)