Note 7 Temp. Solution Possibility

shutterbugg30

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Hello.

I have a brand new and possibly explosive Note 7. I have researched alternative phones and find that I want my note 7, just not one that will ignite.

I have found a way to cut back on the risk if using my current Note 7 until the less volatile version is sent out. Since it seems to be a fairly simple fix I thought I would share.

Go to Settings->
Go to Battery->
Go to Advanced Settings->
DISABLE fast cable and fast wi-fi charging.

I have been reading a bit and have seen a few reviews that state other phones also get quite hot- the Galaxy S7 and the Motorola Z force to name a couple. Both are prone to getting hot. Both also offer fast charging. Not sure if this helps anyone, but my phone doesn't feel as warm on the charger since slowing the charge rate down. Granted, my phone never feels hot just slightly warm when under heavy use. My phone is from Verizon and was manufactured in Korea. I plan on bringing it back to the store as soon as the new Note 7's are available but since my hubby took my old phone I am up a creak without a paddle till then. Again not sure this helps anyone, but it can't hurt.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Thats a excellent suggestion for those of us holding out for the swap.
I also did that to my note 4 to control screen temp.

Looking in settings not sure this is a option on the Note7

Last edited:

TTQ225

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello.

I have a brand new and possibly explosive Note 7. I have researched alternative phones and find that I want my note 7, just not one that will ignite.

I have found a way to cut back on the risk if using my current Note 7 until the less volatile version is sent out. Since it seems to be a fairly simple fix I thought I would share.

Go to Settings->
Go to Battery->
Go to Advanced Settings->
DISABLE fast cable and fast wi-fi charging.

I have been reading a bit and have seen a few reviews that state other phones also get quite hot- the Galaxy S7 and the Motorola Z force to name a couple. Both are prone to getting hot. Both also offer fast charging. Not sure if this helps anyone, but my phone doesn't feel as warm on the charger since slowing the charge rate down. Granted, my phone never feels hot just slightly warm when under heavy use. My phone is from Verizon and was manufactured in Korea. I plan on bringing it back to the store as soon as the new Note 7's are available but since my hubby took my old phone I am up a creak without a paddle till then. Again not sure this helps anyone, but it can't hurt.

I like your solution and will do the same. Yesterday I monitored my Note 7 being fast charged. It took 1 hour to full charge from 40%. I was touching it from time to time and it was consistently slightly above room temperature, I would guess around normal body temperature. It never felt nowhere near hot or overheating. I will exchange it when I can walk into the Rogers store and walk out with a new Note 7. Not giving it away even for one day. Just like you, I gave my Note 5 to my wife to replace her old S5. I suppose I could get my beloved Blackberry Z30 out of the drawer and use it if I am up against the wall. As I said, I will wait for Note 7 to be restocked before I do the exchange. As a precaution, I will follow your suggestion. Thanks.

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Has there been any findings that fast charger (wired or wireless) is the culprit? I've been using mine exclusively with a fast wireless charging pad from Samsung, and it never gets beyond a little warm - not even as warm as my former iPhone 6s Plus got on its charger.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital