Always on display

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm loving the AOD as well. I do wish it was interactive like Moto display (I'm coming from a MXPE) but this is definitely a nice alternative. I too catch myself looking at my phone since Moto display typically appeared when there was a notification so that has been tough getting used to. I was going to suggest we post our AOD screenshots but tried it myself and realized its not possible. I'm rocking a blue large hour digit config.

Lol yeah I got a picture of my 2 cats on mine. You can take a pic if you have another phone to take a picture of it and post it on here. I know not everyone has a back up phone tho.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
This 'Always On' is one the best features in a smartphone & takes full advantage of the AMOLED display architecture (by illuminating only the required LEDs & switching off the rest). There is not at all a 'burn image' problem with this feature, as some people would think of or complain. You can also toggle a setting which will keep changing the position of the 'Always On' contents on the screen.

How so? I'm considering a slightly reluctant switch to a Note 7 and AOS is on my list of potentially useless apps/features to be disabled ASAP.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
It's nice if you jot down a quick note...you can pin it to the AOD so it's "in your face" so to speak. It stays on the screen for an hour so think heading out to the grocery store and jotting down the items you need. Or running errands...listing out what you need to do while out. I use the calendar version of AOD and it's nice to see what I have on the schedule for the day. I don't use the calendar ALL the time so for the few legit appointments I have it's nice.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
It's nice if you jot down a quick note...you can pin it to the AOD so it's "in your face" so to speak. It stays on the screen for an hour so think heading out to the grocery store and jotting down the items you need. Or running errands...listing out what you need to do while out. I use the calendar version of AOD and it's nice to see what I have on the schedule for the day. I don't use the calendar ALL the time so for the few legit appointments I have it's nice.

Okay, I have my Urbane for that. All on my wrist

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Lol I'm so used to having phones that have a black screen when the screen is off that it's hard to ignore the AOD when I have it on lol. I'll walk around my house and pass my phone and look cause I'm not used to it yet lol. My mom came over and asked me what wrong with my phone when she walked by it. She said does the thing ever go off lol. I just said it's the always on display. She refuses to leave her old flip phone cause she finds smartphones to complicated. Lol.

Lol sometimes when I see the AOD I hit the power button to make it sleep because think the phone is still on...its my first AOD device I'm getting used to it and I love it!

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Lol sometimes when I see the AOD I hit the power button to make it sleep because think the phone is still on...its my first AOD device I'm getting used to it and I love it!

Haha that's funny😁 yeah I love it too. Like to see notification symbols, date/time and battery percentage without having to wake phone.

dvarapala

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Lol yeah I got a picture of my 2 cats on mine. You can take a pic if you have another phone to take a picture of it and post it on here. I know not everyone has a back up phone tho.

Doesn't anyone have regular standalone cameras anymore? LOL!!! :)