Note 7 drops from 85% to 0 in seconds (Snapshot)

ramzi.a.q

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Can someone explain this for me. I know note 7 battery ignite but this happens when charging, but why is the battery acting like this when it is off the charger?

Attachments

• IMG-20160906-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20160906-WA0005.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 83

lanenubia

May 21, 2010
Visit site
ALL the drops at 8am, 3pm, and a little at 6pm seem pretty dramatic. Usually it's more sloped even under heavy usage.

It almost appears as if you have a short on your battery somehow.

I am not an alarmist type, but this bears watching closely.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
This is the same problem mine had before I returned it... It occurred about 2 days before the recall. It literally lost all of its charge around 80 percent (originally thought the phone was bricked until I recharged it). It took a long time to recharge it fully and it was never the same in holding its charge.

Have you charged it at all without the Samsung charger and cable? It seemed to me that it occurred after charging it with my old iPhone wall charger or my old Nokia wireless charging plate. After this occurred I used only the Samsung charger but it still was suspect if I charged it via the power converter in my truck using the Samsung charger and cable.

Long story short ... When this started happening the phone wasn't the same with respect to battery performance and once they announced the recall a few days later I just took it back.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm not an alarmist type either but I'd be boxing that sucker up and high tailing to the store where I bought it to return it.

tclarson1

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Not that this matters but I used to be big into RC hobby years ago. We used lipo and li ion all the time . We would see batts do this and it was because of a short in the pack. The battery is literally shorting and sucking itself down instantly. That's also why it's hard to charge because as it's charging it's shorting and discharging. That is so dangerous. I would turn off and return immediately. It's not if but when that thing melts . Sorry for your problem that stinks

ramzi.a.q

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I own 2 note 7s, one i charge with a 3rd party charger and the other with the original (the one with those drops), both have fast charge disabled.

I boxed up this one for sure, and now i am boxing the other one although is has no issues whatsoever but i travel a lot and carriers are not allowing the phone on the plane.

Some more shots of the same day this did this which does not show any record of what utilized all the power. While the device drained, it got so hot that i could not touch it for an hour.

This Device was bought from the UAE and was made in Vietnam.

Attachments

• IMG-20160906-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20160906-WA0006.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG-20160906-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20160906-WA0007.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 33

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Not that this matters but I used to be big into RC hobby years ago. We used lipo and li ion all the time . We would see batts do this and it was because of a short in the pack. The battery is literally shorting and sucking itself down instantly. That's also why it's hard to charge because as it's charging it's shorting and discharging. That is so dangerous. I would turn off and return immediately. It's not if but when that thing melts . Sorry for your problem that stinks
Ding ding ding

This may or may not be related to the recall problem, but internal battery shorts do happen on occasion. This is why you see a drastic drop with a lot of heat, but no sign of heavy app usage (even at full power, the processor wouldn't cause this steep of a drop anyway).

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Happened with my Note 5, I kept getting the Power Sharing pop-up alert and so I Google what that was all about and realized that there may be something wrong with the USB port in the device itself. I am using the original charger it came with, but it is slow as hell to charge. BUT, if you are Not getting that message then something else is going on with your battery.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Had the same problem, but mine dropped at 40%-0%. I feel your pain. I exchanged it though. Could be apart of the battery issues the Note 7 is having. I created a post in another thread with screenshots as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160828-205523.jpg
    Screenshot_20160828-205523.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 22