Photo Album app?

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm asking for recommendations of a good photo album / gallery app. Not impressed with the Samsung app. Doesn't even seem to have options for sorting. The Google app insists on uploading created albums to Google and, amazingly, is also unable to delete from SD card (claims it doesn't have access - and I found no way to give it access).

I looked on Google Play Store, and the reviews on the ones I saw there are scary. Any recommendations?

Last edited:

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm asking for recommendations of a good photo album / gallery app. Not impressed with the Samsung app. Doesn't even seem to have options for sorting. The Google app insists on uploading created albums to Google and, amazingly, is also unable to delete from SD card (claims it doesn't have access - and I found no way to give it access).

I looked on Google Play Store, and the reviews on the o es I saw there are scary. Any recommendations?

Quick Pic!

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely Google Photos. It's the best app Google makes IMO. I can't recommend it highly enough.

I'm not sure if that is the app you tried based on your OP ("The Google app"), but if so I see you wrote: "insists on uploading created albums to Google ". Is there Some reason you wouldn't want automatic backup of your photos and Albums? I think it's a fantastic feature ..

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
srkmagnus, I installed Focus Gallery, and it looks like exactly what I had in mind. I have one problem though. TAGs are just what I envisioned, and I even bought the app for custom tags. I then tagged 2 pictures of my daughter with her name. The tag shows (2) under the left menu. However, when I select that tag, it shows TONS of pictures - not just the 2 I tagged. Seems to defeat the purpose. What am I missing?

Edit: OK, I tried another tag (my wife's name this time) and it worked as expected. So I deleted the tag with my daughters name and tried it again using her first and middle name and it is also working as expected. Don't know why that happened the first time - a bug maybe? Anyway, if I don't have any more issues, this will serve my purposes. Thank you.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae