Refund On Note 7 With Two Year Contract

Bartone

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
Do I still have to pay for the phone monthy even though the phone is recalled? It would seem strange if I was still bound by the two year contract even though Samsung is telling me to stop using the phone and to turn it in immediately.

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Do I still have to pay for the phone monthy even though the phone is recalled? It would seem strange if I was still bound by the two year contract even though Samsung is telling me to stop using the phone and to turn it in immediately.

I went in to return and get a different phone they returned the note however the system would not let them sale a different phone so they refunded all of my money plus I left with my note 7. Went in today to see if the issue was fixed and nope so this is kind of weird that they don't mind handing back a note 7 with a recall and not charging me. Here's the kicker so even if I go in when the note 7s come back in they won't be able to sale it to me so sprint has a huge issue with me now. I am on hold now with a manager for customer relations.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I went in to return and get a different phone they returned the note however the system would not let them sale a different phone so they refunded all of my money plus I left with my note 7. Went in today to see if the issue was fixed and nope so this is kind of weird that they don't mind handing back a note 7 with a recall and not charging me. Here's the kicker so even if I go in when the note 7s come back in they won't be able to sale it to me so sprint has a huge issue with me now. I am on hold now with a manager for customer relations.

I asked my Verizon rep why there was still a charge on next month's bill for a phone I can't use...she said it's because I have not 'returned' the phone...when I do, that will supposedly come off my bill, and she will put me on a 'list' to call when the N7 comes in.
I'm gonna wait till near the 9/30 drop dead date to see what's going on....but I may just give Samsung the bird, and wait for the N8....

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I understand. And I may even be there at some point in the future, but as of this moment, now, I love this thing more than I thought I could love a device. Pure craziness. I love my other Notes, but this one has me in its grip.
but I may just give Samsung the bird, and wait for the N8....

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I asked my Verizon rep why there was still a charge on next month's bill for a phone I can't use...she said it's because I have not 'returned' the phone...when I do, that will supposedly come off my bill, and she will put me on a 'list' to call when the N7 comes in.
I'm gonna wait till near the 9/30 drop dead date to see what's going on....but I may just give Samsung the bird, and wait for the N8....

Well 2.5 hours yesterday 10 minutes in store today and still on the phone 1.5 hours and counting

bucky716

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
In order to have the contract reverted and you refunded for the device you can't use you'll have to return it. Can't just turn it off, set it down and expect charges to disappear without returning it.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I had mine on contract and they said I could bring it back for a refund and revert to my original upgrade and rebuy if I wanted when it was available but if I just powered it off and kept it, I'd go on paying for it and if I had it after the 30th I was stuck with it, recalled or not for the duration of the contract. That was in a Verizon store, and I was okay with the refund, but not a lot of options offered.

EMann87

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I had mine on contract and they said I could bring it back for a refund and revert to my original upgrade and rebuy if I wanted when it was available but if I just powered it off and kept it, I'd go on paying for it and if I had it after the 30th I was stuck with it, recalled or not for the duration of the contract. That was in a Verizon store, and I was okay with the refund, but not a lot of options offered.

That I could not do.. I could return no problem but if I wanted to refund they would only credit my account the down payment. An when I threatened to cancel service they said it would go to my Early termination fee. I was at 11 day window when I asked sprint to return my phone. Took them 4 days to get the RMA to me. Then passed my 14 day. Wouldn't do anything Unless I returned my N7 first. But wasn't taking that chance... Love my N7!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I returned my phone and checked the upgrade eligibility a few hours later and it had already been reset.

You would be bound by the 2 year contract until you return the phone

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Once you return it, everything you have paid towards it is refunded to you unless you are doing a straight up exchange, then you just swap devices.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm trading the Note 7 in for the iPhone 7 Plus 256GB. I got the Note 7 with a 2 year contract at a reduced price. When I return it I need by Upgrade date reinstated right away so I can get the iPhone 7 plus at the 2 year contract price.

Sounds like problems, sure ! I hope the counter monkeys can handle it.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm trading the Note 7 in for the iPhone 7 Plus 256GB. I got the Note 7 with a 2 year contract at a reduced price. When I return it I need by Upgrade date reinstated right away so I can get the iPhone 7 plus at the 2 year contract price.

Sounds like problems, sure ! I hope the counter monkeys can handle it.

Dang, going to the dark side. I just can't get with Itunes for music.

Counter monkeys. :D :D :D

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Dang, going to the dark side. I just can't get with Itunes for music.

Counter monkeys. :D :D :D
Nothing I dread worst then dealing with those brain dead counter monkeys in the Verizon stores. :-\

My ex wife left me with a million dollars worth of iTunes music. I'm going to try Friday and see if I can score one. Maybe I'll get lucky and the Note 7 replacements will be in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1