The worst return issue that no one has heard of

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Went in to sprint on Monday to return my note 7 return went fine but when they tried to ring me up for the new device they received an error pop up the store never heard of. They called their support, finance and nothing 2.5 hours later the store manager gave me the note 7 and the money and said just take it until this can be fixed come in tomorrow. So I went in yesterday and same issue as soon as I left I called customer service was transferred 4 times and 2 hours later I asked for retention. I was very relaxed because it's not sprints fault until I was hung up on. I called today wrote them on the forums messaged them on fb and tweeted their ceo. I received a few tweets back and they called from escalations this was the most helpful lady yet she said let me look in to this I'll call you back when she did she was in shock she had never heard nor seen this issue I'm eligible for the upgrade but it will not process. She put in a ticket and said to relax she's got it from here she let me know she was going to have the store manager call me Friday if the ticket is fixed if nothing she will call me on Sunday to give me an update. She also is giving a decent incentive to stay with them. Like I said I'm not completely upset the time I waisted yes but it's not their fault they haven't had this issue so lesson learned tweet them they listen. As far as this note 7 issue I'm rocking it and have my refund already till I can get a different device

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
And the key point here is to stay calm you get so much more that way .
If you think were stressed just imagine all the retail employees dealing with this.
And its not there fault its the higher ups thats failed.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Staying calm works with most, but not with Verizon.
One time with verizon I damaged my phone got a approvel number to have it replaced , went to the local corp store , the guy looked at my phone said thats not bad enought to replace , so I commented it was approved and showed him the approvel he refused.
I went out side drove over my phone with my truck went back in and asked if it meet his aprovel now.
Needless to say that was my last day with verizon paid the early term fee and jumped ship.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
One time with verizon I damaged my phone got a approvel number to have it replaced , went to the local corp store , the guy looked at my phone said thats not bad enought to replace , so I commented it was approved and showed him the approvel he refused.
I went out side drove over my phone with my truck went back in and asked if it meet his aprovel now.
Needless to say that was my last day with verizon paid the early term fee and jumped ship.

Verizon has the absolute worst customer service I've ever experienced. But the best cellular service there is. I've had bad experiences myself.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Tmobile went smooth for me. Took nearly an hour though and luckily no other customers to deal with. The guy who helped me was very understanding too and totally agreed that I should just return the device. I asked and they still have not got any shipments in to replace them.

They have a lot of customers who said they won't return their devices though and keep using them.

Edges seem to be running low in stock so it looks like a lot of people are returing them. The first couple days he told me they got bombared with note 7 returns/refunds.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has the absolute worst customer service I've ever experienced. But the best cellular service there is. I've had bad experiences myself.

I partially diagree. In store yes, they are horrible because they have a quota to meet working in the stores. Online or phone CS never had a problem.

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been with Verizon for 12 years, I think it is. I only bought my first (flip) phone at a corporate store, and the number they assigned to me, if another Verizon subscriber called it, actually called into the 911 call center in Portland. Of course they didn't believe me, until they tried calling my number themselves. Needless to say that got the ball rolling for a new number provision. Anyway, after that, I have always bought my devices (Motorola Q, Blackberry Storm, Storm 2, HTC Incredible, Incredible 2, S3, Note 3, Note 5) from Best Buy. No pressure, anything goes wrong they just replace it, no questions asked. Verizon has the best service in my area, so I'm happy with that, and really haven't had to deal too much with customer service, other than getting someone elses bills in the mail for years and CS not being able to fix it for years, finally just had them unsubscribe my email address throughout their systems and it worked. So now I don't even get Verizon spam anymore lol.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I had been with Verizon for 18+ years because they do have the best coverage, etc in my area - I just could no longer stand the (for lack of a better word) arrogance of their Customer Service. I switched to AT&T last year and have been extremely happy ever since!

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I partially diagree. In store yes, they are horrible because they have a quota to meet working in the stores. Online or phone CS never had a problem.

I switched to Verizon from T-Mo and only lasted 4 months because they were so horrible, including phone customer service. One summer I got a second-hand BlackBerry 9930 to take on hikes and bike rides because I was using an HTC Rezound that had an extended battery case so it was a bit cumbersome to carry around outdoors. I was on with CS to switch service from the Rezound to the BlackBerry. First the rep was like "Switch to a BlackBerry??? WHY???" Even when I explained my position and told her I only wanted to use the BlackBerry for outdoor use and my daily driver would still be the Rezound she said "Well why can't you get a case if you're so worried about dropping the Rezound outdoors?" Ugh, that wasn't the point. Anyway, once she FINALLY agreed to show me how to switch, she had me log onto the Verizon website and started going over the steps. After a moment it was apparent to me how to proceed from there. I said "Oh, I see, now I click the ______ (can't remember exactly what it was) link at the top left of the screen, correct?" She yelled "NO! I WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO DO IT. Now, click the ______ link at the top left of the screen..." I wanted to call that woman a cvnt but she lacked the warmth and depth.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Being polite is always best. I am a former Verizon employee. I now am in management with another company..still get rude ppl there too.
Put yourself in our shoes. Respect people. I am the messenger. Not what caused the problem.
I respect ones that can think for themselves and not just read a computer screen. I'm usually patient but you can't fix stupid. Last week a Verizon rep told me the Samsung s7 is the one recalled not the note 7. So what I'm saying is sometimes you get rude people because you earned it and sometimes you get rude people because they have been on the phone for 2 hours dealing with computer screen readers, and sometimes you deal with rude people just because they are rude. But Verizon customer service is just bad, unfortunately you get more bad then good reps.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I respect ones that can think for themselves and not just read a computer screen. I'm usually patient but you can't fix stupid. Last week a Verizon rep told me the Samsung s7 is the one recalled not the note 7. So what I'm saying is sometimes you get rude people because you earned it and sometimes you get rude people because they have been on the phone for 2 hours dealing with computer screen readers, and sometimes you deal with rude people just because they are rude. But Verizon customer service is just bad, unfortunately you get more bad then good reps.

I have never had a bad customer care rep store visit yes but not over the phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers