Gonna buy a Note 7 when its available, what are your thoughts on Sammy discounting them soon?

LennyV

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
The title says it all... I am a note fan and have hat the note 2 and note 4. I was ready to purchase the day the recall happened.

Does anyone have the inside scoop if Sammy will be discounting Note 7s due to all of the negative PR?

Are replacements refurbs?

Thanks!

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
The title says it all... I am a note fan and have hat the note 2 and note 4. I was ready to purchase the day the recall happened.

Does anyone have the inside scoop if Sammy will be discounting Note 7s due to all of the negative PR?

Thanks!
I doubt they will discount... Maybe only run a promotion for some free items.... Iphone has shortages day 1 and the Lgv20 doesn't even have a release date... Both their competitors didn't capitalize on this stumble they took....

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I was supposed to get a discount that would have made the phone worth keeping for me, but without the discount I'm not going for it. IF they offer something comparable through any outlet then I will probably buy again. If not, I can easily wait for the N8 and any discounts that happen by.

Thanks!

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I doubt they will discount... Maybe only run a promotion for some free items.... Iphone has shortages day 1 and the Lgv20 doesn't even have a release date... Both their competitors didn't capitalize on this stumble they took....

I don't think there will be any discontinued. But I still plan on getting one.

heatdissipation

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm buying one also, just wish I knew when they would start selling them. I know the 21st at the latest for replacements, but how long after that before I can order one.

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
There is no way they will be discounting the N7. Promotional gift is a good possibility. A discount on the reissue of the N7 would be a huge slap in the face to those who already own the N7 and rode out this debacle either by getting a temp loaner or hanging on to the device. As Samsung America President & COO Tim Baxter stated last night, out of all their device offerings the Note has the most loyal fanbase.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
They have to give all current stock to exchanges only..

I called US Cellular yesterday to "get in line" for my replacement (I swapped to an S7 Edge on 9/10) and was told they would be handling it first come, first serve. No reserved phones for initial purchasers because they had no way to determine who returned the N7 and would still want a replacement N7. They are handling it as a new launch, no pre-orders...at least as of one hour after the CPSC conference, when I called...

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I called US Cellular yesterday to "get in line" for my replacement (I swapped to an S7 Edge on 9/10) and was told they would be handling it first come, first serve. No reserved phones for initial purchasers because they had no way to determine who returned the N7 and would still want a replacement N7. They are handling it as a new launch, no pre-orders...at least as of one hour after the CPSC conference, when I called...

So does that mean anyone could get one on the 21st?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yea they can't guess who's going to come to them for returns. I'd imagine they'll keep a couple on the side but back on sale to general public.

With that said, the Note 7 is still on the top of my list... so I'm going to wait 30 days and see if Samsung does anything.

See if the explosion fiasco has softened sales and possibly price break in my case for corp account phones or bundles.
See how these new v2.0 phones are... watch posts for battery life, cracks, scratches/durability.
Wait for a fresh batch of phones... you know Samsung cannot afford anymore QC issues with these phones so hoping QC at their highest in the new batches and Chinese batteries.

So does that mean anyone could get one on the 21st?

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
No discount or all of us would half to be comped
I think there's one of two options.

Phone will be discounted this holiday season with new ads addressing the issue.

Or, they simply stop advertising the phone and hope the public forgets about the whole fiasco.

Either way, Samsung doesn't owe you any comp in the event of a discount. You bought the phone at $850; once they get you a working replacement, their work is done.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Or, they simply stop advertising the phone and hope the public forgets about the whole fiasco.

Either way, Samsung doesn't owe you any comp in the event of a discount. You bought the phone at $850; once they get you a working replacement, their work is done.

Why would they have to mention anything? People forget easily. People still trust the iPhone and other samsung phones, no matter what happens. Note 7 owners got S7 and S7E phones with no concern. Most are going back to N7. I suppose they'll have something on their website and a script for customer service.

1213 1213

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site

I'd be quite surprised if Samsung went out of their way to remind people about the issue a few months from now.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty sure when the holiday season arrives all there will be some discount or promotion on ALL Samsungs. I don't think there has been a holiday season they haven't. Googled and saw where a iPhone 6 was $99 off retail and S6 was $200 off retail with 2 year contract. Always bundled deals during holidays. We'll see. I'm definitely giving it 30 days.

The new ones almost definitely won't.

Main question is whether they will sell refurbished ones for $100 less or not.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Samsung has their own Certified pre-owned site for reselling phones. It could show up there eventually but not sure if so soon.

Most think refurbished will go to issuance and other types of claims. I'm guessing that's right. Or after the N8 is out.