New Note Battery Life

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
So here I am, one full day into use of my new Note7 (replacement unit), and I gotta say, I am thoroughly impressed with the battery life! I had Bluetooth on for a little more than half the day. Wi-Fi was off for a majority of the day. And this is where I am currently...

Attachments

• 590.jpg
    590.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 210

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Not sure why this pic didn't post the first time with the other screen shot.

Attachments

• 589.jpg
    589.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 197

bluesboy77

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I'm also impressed with the battery life, I run bluetooth and wifi all day and only down to 52% but the end of the workday. I'm also finding that fast charge has been clipping along nice and fast. :)

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I forgot to mention my previous note would be at less than 50% by noon. I would take if off of the charger in the morning around 7 everyday.

This is a big difference for me, IMO.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I didn't wanna post right way when I got it cause I didn't want to seem like it was a placebo effect but my battery life does feel better with this new phone.....

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Just woke up in the middle of the night and was surprised to see that my phone is slowly sipping juice. I also haven't installed all my apps just to see if it's the phone that drains too fast or the kind of apps using, but all that aside I'm enjoying my safe note 7 unit 🙄

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Has anybody gone in the setting to Device maintenance and checked out how to put some of the apps to sleep.
And clear some of the ram in the settings and all.

Some of the boatware.
Have you go into the notifications , and the ones you don't use, and turned them off.

I'd love to delete android pay And Samsung Pay.
Samsung pay keeps coming on and showing it needs to update.
Even after I have forced stopped it.
Its hell when you pay for something. And you can't take the BS stuff off that you don't like.

It would be nice for one year, for everybody to band together and tell Samsung and the carriers.
If they don't STOP the Bloatware. And let us be able to Delete it off of our phones.
We are gonna boycott everything.
It would be nice, but everybody in my view is Weak and don't have the will power to do something this Big.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Weird. My battery was draining more this am versus previous note and fast charge is not working

Could this be caused by the kind of case you have on your phone ?
Is it plugged in or are you trying to use a fast charge pad ?
What apps have you installed on your phone.
They could be having a effect on it , by running in the background.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Funny, I was thinking last night that Battery life seemed a bit better but I only had my (N7.1) since late Monday and wanted to give it time to settle before drawing any conclusions.

Cheers,
BR

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I was going to start a new thread about this. Battery life is much better for me. I haven't had the phone for 24 hours yet. But my normal uses in the morning has exceeded my expectation with the new 7.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Could this be caused by the kind of case you have on your phone ?
Is it plugged in or are you trying to use a fast charge pad ?
What apps have you installed on your phone.
They could be having a effect on it , by running in the background.
Interesting.. The charger snd cable that came with phone works for fast charge..But the cable I was using all this time (10ft after market micro usb with included adaptor) no longer fast charges

I will let the phone settle a week before confirming the battery situation. My phone is a carbon copy to the previous..so shouldn't make a difference save for the Verizon update

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
We are gonna boycott everything.
It would be nice, but everybody in my view is Weak and don't have the will power to do something this Big.

Or .. Maybe most of us are quite happy with our phones, even if we don't like bloatware. By the way, Samsung Pay is great and not at all bloatware..

Maybe a Nexus/Pixel phone is the way to go for you if you don't want bloat ..

sean8102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I was wondering if I was the only one, but I'd swear my battery life is better on my new note 7 compared to my last one. Have all the same apps on it and setup, restored from backup using samsung cloud. Standby time in particular seems to be better.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I also had significantly better battery life than the first N7.

I'm of the opinion considering that 97% of the US was affected - we should all see better battery life. I know something just seemed "off" with my device - especially after it lost its full charge the first time.

After that my battery wasn't the same and it wouldn't hold a charge as long.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance