I've seen cracked backs of n7

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I've seen videos where people dropped and shattered the backs of the n7..... Are they glass? Seems kinda weird they would make it out of something that breaks?

1213 1213

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
They needed premium materials, so only glass or metal. Metal would ruin the design to some extent, and would mean no wireless charging. So they have to use glass.

But the reason it cracks so easily is because both the front and back are curved, not because they're glass.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I've seen videos where people dropped and shattered the backs of the n7..... Are they glass? Seems kinda weird they would make it out of something that breaks?

Everythingapplepro on youtube did a drop test. The iPhone 7 plus screen cracked first or op system locked(do not remember specifics). Granted, he was dropping them from 10' in the air onto concrete. Both devices survived waist & shoulder height drops. The Note 7 also has Gorilla Glass 5. All that aside, new any 5+ inch screen device & I am putting a case of some sort on it. Already learned that lesson.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
There was a 1000 ft deep test. Guy dropped the n7 from a drone. Back was shattered, front cracked top and bottom, but the phone still worked fine.... Lol

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was lucky this morning. My phone slid off some clothes on a counter top about four feet high. The phone stayed on its back and landed on a hard surface. I am using a thin rubber case (Ringke) and happily it did not flip face down. The phone is still perfect, yay!

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Better then seeing some plumbers cracks. :-\
9bb60ed5a4b152a6374cb1bb71cf03d0.gif