Anyone considering returning your replacemnet N7??

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Battery life has been terrific for me. No lag on the phone either. Only gripe is that if you enter an area with 0 reception, the phone doesn't want to look for reception again unless you toggle Airplane Mode off and on. That can be fixed with a future firmware update though.

It's the most complete smartphone on the market, and everything but my minor gripe above operates like the top flagship on the market should. Keeping mine, suffice it to say.

smcd5213

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Prior to the replacement, the battery life was nothing special, and compared to my Note5, it seemed a bit slow. This replacement model though, is flat out awesome after the day one green battery indicator update. Fast, smooth and excellent battery life. Best phone I owned to date, and I've pretty much tried them all. Definitely will not be returning.

Also- I still find it fascinating that people go online to compare battery life as if it's only dependent on the model of phone. So much of it depends on the system and app settings, that there's no way 1:1 comparisons can be made. I wonder how many people immediately conclude that the "battery life stinks" but have every notification turned on, GPS set to high accuracy all the time, screen brightness cranked, etc, etc.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The more negative stories that come out, the more I will wear the Note 7 badge of honor proudly. :) Seriously, it's been really great for me. I am happy with the battery life and it doesn't get hot when charging like I read from some people. I'm in this for the long haul.. at least until the Note 8. :)

Inevitable Flux

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Not returning. The replacement has actually been smoother in all aspects than my pre-recall Note 7.
Also, I'm getting a lot of questions, of late, asking if the "new" Note 7s are available for sale now from friends, coworkers, and complete strangers in coffee shops! It's nice to see that all the "bad" press/recall press hasn't diminished consumer's interest in the phone.

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Talking to T-Mobile now on returning my replacement Note7. After setting up a clean install and factory reset, Battery seems to drain too fast for just 1 app being installed after compared to my old N7 which had more than 50 apps.

You may have gotten a lemon

My first note and the replacement note have been superb by all metrics.

Battery life has been excellent , chip set responsive , and in all other ways an outstanding phone.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I am -- or the Google Pixel (XL). I really was dead set on the V20 but since they are dragging their feet on releasing it .. It gives me time to check out what Google is doing.

How do you find good cases for phones such as the Pixel since you won't find many in the stores. Good luck finding the Defender for it.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
ec596bbf2da2aef73651a62cf2cf305c.gif

phillyundead

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile is having issues returning my note 7 for a new note 7 that isn't refurbished so I'm returning all together. Gonna get the v20 when it's released. This phone is a joke. Everything from hardware faults to software faults, to the new ugly UI to grouped notifications just killed this phone. They did this to themselves for trying to copy apple software much.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile is having issues returning my note 7 for a new note 7 that isn't refurbished so I'm returning all together. Gonna get the v20 when it's released. This phone is a joke. Everything from hardware faults to software faults, to the new ugly UI to grouped notifications just killed this phone. They did this to themselves for trying to copy apple software much.
Sorry that is your situation and view. Mine is thankfully opposite. The V20 looks decent, but about half that battery life for media and 35% for everything else. Good on the replaceable battery!

Also apparently runs hot too. No heat pipe like Note 7.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Sorry that is your situation and view. Mine is thankfully opposite. The V20 looks decent, but about half that battery life for media and 35% for everything else. Good on the replaceable battery!

Huh? Half battery life? What do you mean?

phillyundead

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

LG is always bugged out but I've found them slightly more stable than newer Samsung phones. This note 7 nonsense is out of control though. This phone is the biggest ***** in the industry's history. Well over a month now and they still haven't given people a working phone that isn't dangerous. Samsung has severely dropped quality in almost every department.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
How can that be? You are the first person I've heard of that won't be getting a new Note 7 as a replacement and instead are being offered a refurbished one. What possible reasoning can they be employing to do that to you?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
LG is always bugged out but I've found them slightly more stable than newer Samsung phones. This note 7 nonsense is out of control though. This phone is the biggest ***** in the industry's history. Well over a month now and they still haven't given people a working phone that isn't dangerous. Samsung has severely dropped quality in almost every department.

I loved the Note 7, but compared to my S7 Edge I have now I must admit the Edge seems faster and it runs a lot more smooth so far than the Note did. I think the Note was rushed a bit and the stigma with the battery doesn't help.

Overall the Note 7 has amazing specs and all the tools to be the top of the line phone for the next year though, but the battery issue and some phones having lagging issues sours that.

I still don't see it for sale on the tmobile website yet.

Lets face it, this phone isn't going to have the legacy that the Note 4 still has. It has been pretty tainted now and it not being for sale for awhile now doesn't help.

Hopefully the S8 Edge is a knockout and the Note 8 is as well.

I wonder how many Note 7 users will buy the S8 Edge? Last year on these forums many dumped the Note 5 for teh S7 Edge.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I loved the Note 7, but compared to my S7 Edge I have now I must admit the Edge seems faster and it runs a lot more smooth so far than the Note did. I think the Note was rushed a bit and the stigma with the battery doesn't help.

Overall the Note 7 has amazing specs and all the tools to be the top of the line phone for the next year though, but the battery issue and some phones having lagging issues sours that.

I still don't see it for sale on the tmobile website yet.

Lets face it, this phone isn't going to have the legacy that the Note 4 still has. It has been pretty tainted now and it not being for sale for awhile now doesn't help.

Hopefully the S8 Edge is a knockout and the Note 8 is as well.

I wonder how many Note 7 users will buy the S8 Edge? Last year on these forums many dumped the Note 5 for teh S7 Edge.

I couldn't get rid of my S7 Edge loaner fast enough so I definitely won't be giving up the Note 7 for the Edge 8.