N7 with VR

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
First of all, Is the VR worth it... Or is it a slow dying fad like 3D TVs? How impressive is it for anyone that used it? I know the sony ps4 version has hand control which makes it much more interactive.

And does the N7 fit in the promotional one that is offered when you get a Galaxy?

Thank you

Last edited:

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Gear VR isn't something that is going to replace your Xbox or PS4, but its very very cool. I personally do not think it is a fad, its just still very, very early tech. But, yeah, I'd say its definitely worth it.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I already have a 60gb mem card so I figured no need for a 256 one. Although it is a lot of extra space and worth over $100 more than the very. But I was leaning towards the VR.

Sam_Cohen

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I managed to get a Gear VR 2 for pretty good deal after I got my replacement note 7 and I really like it, there are some very cool games (I am waiting on a control pad to ship to make it even better). and love watching the videos I have on my phone on the "big screen" (the unit makes it look like you are in a movie theater with a HUGE screen), also watching Netflix and HULU and Youtube is very cool in the large screen.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Do you get vertigo from it!? I have google cardboard and it was making me dizzy and nauseous. I figured VR is basically the same thing.

blackhawk77#WN

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
It's a just a little bit more than a novelty at this point. The technology is cool but needs hardware to catch up. The resolution is the same as say a 27 inch monitor yet in VR it is stretched to like a 10 foot screen. Very pix-elated.

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I had the old VR with my S7 and loved it.....I am getting the newer version so that it is compatible with my N7. I was reading today that the XBox wireless controller is getting an update in mid October that will allow for it to be used in conjuntion with Minecraft. I can't wait!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Note 7 with VR is much better than the Note 4 (brighter, runs much cooler and more clear), but still has the screen door due to pentile. Need a 4K pentile to eradicate screen door effect. The effect is not as bad on the Note 7, but is still very apparent.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Do you get vertigo from it!? I have google cardboard and it was making me dizzy and nauseous. I figured VR is basically the same thing.

Some people have issues with VR . If you move your head too fast the change in what you will fool and confuse your brain. Some people get use to it others do not.
One of the demo videos had a floor that dropped out and you are left standing on a small space with nothing below. As I looked down I did get a little vertigo.
If you can tolerate it the experience can be fun. Netflix puts you in a alpine cabin with a huge window on the left looking out to a mountain scene. You are sitting in a home theater with a giant screen. Kind of neat as you move your hard around you see the room from all angles. Again it is different.
3d effects are ok in that you are reducing the resolution by more than half. The screen is divided by half so each eye sees 50% of the info. For me I got use to it and found some 3d movies ok to watch. My sister cannot tolerate it for even 1 minute.
If you get it for free it is worth trying.

geekstergrl

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I got the smart watch with my pre-order, and once I received my replacement phone after the recall, I also got approved for the VR promo. :D

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I called and both promotions are available.

I'm not doing the smart watch because there is like a $13 monthly fee. For what it is, it's not worth it to me. I'll have my phone in my pocket anyway

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I called and both promotions are available.

I'm not doing the smart watch because there is like a $13 monthly fee. For what it is, it's not worth it to me. I'll have my phone in my pocket anyway

I think you may be thinking of the Gear S2? The Gear fit is a standalone. I have the Gear S2 and pay $5/month to use it (mine has it's own phone number for when I am away from my phone :)

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Some people have issues with VR . If you move your head too fast the change in what you will fool and confuse your brain. Some people get use to it others do not.
One of the demo videos had a floor that dropped out and you are left standing on a small space with nothing below. As I looked down I did get a little vertigo.
If you can tolerate it the experience can be fun. Netflix puts you in a alpine cabin with a huge window on the left looking out to a mountain scene. You are sitting in a home theater with a giant screen. Kind of neat as you move your hard around you see the room from all angles. Again it is different.
3d effects are ok in that you are reducing the resolution by more than half. The screen is divided by half so each eye sees 50% of the info. For me I got use to it and found some 3d movies ok to watch. My sister cannot tolerate it for even 1 minute.
If you get it for free it is worth trying.

This is where I stand with it. Unfortunately I am someone who gets sick wearing the VR...sweaty, nauseous. I've tried to do the same "game" twice now and I can't go longer than 10 minutes before I have to take the thing off, and it takes me some time to feel better after. I do like the movie theater effect when watching Netflix, and I watched a Gordon Ramsey cooking one where he made breakfast w his daughter...so the "set" was static and I was able to look around but I couldn't "move". So if I get the free one from the promotion, great. If not, I personally wouldn't pay to get it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae