Screen scratched by sand at beach

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
It is water resistant and only tested in stagnant tap water. Sea water can damage the phone
They actually warned against seawater and chlorinated water (like what's in pools) because it's more abrasive on the rubber seals. I think of it simply as should you spill something on the device you should be fine, I'm not going to mess around with intentionally trying to submerge it but to each their own.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
They actually warned against seawater and chlorinated water (like what's in pools) because it's more abrasive on the rubber seals. I think of it simply as should you spill something on the device you should be fine, I'm not going to mess around with intentionally trying to submerge it but to each their own.
Where can we read these warnings?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'll answer your question with a question:

Approximately, how many devices (Smart Phones, Tablets, Cameras etc) are currently "waterproof"?.

Based on your answer and how a typical or average person maintains or cares for these devices.. what percentage of these waterproof devices actually end up being waterproof in the long run..

Not many. A lot say "Water resistant" and people assume as that as water proof. As I always tell people -- read the fine print. The fine print always tells the truth.

Ten Four

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Saltwater is very corrosive compared to fresh water, but you should be able to rinse off a few splashes with fresh water and have no ill effects. The trick is to rinse with fresh water quickly. Still, the bottom line is keep it dry and out of the sand at the beach.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Saltwater is very corrosive compared to fresh water, but you should be able to rinse off a few splashes with fresh water and have no ill effects. The trick is to rinse with fresh water quickly. Still, the bottom line is keep it dry and out of the sand at the beach.

Which is also mentioned in the manual.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I live on the beach and it only takes one grain of sand to make big problems.
In your eye is a real pain.
They tested the glass on this phone and it came out as 1 step above plastic as far as scratch resistant.
To me I just consider it a hindering to the phone and as much as I enjoy beach/bakini pics I would not take a $900 phone to the sand and play with it.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Not many. A lot say "Water resistant" and people assume as that as water proof. As I always tell people -- read the fine print. The fine print always tells the truth.
This phone is supposed to be rated under normal water submersion up to 30 minutes at 30' depth? Perfect for those toilet drops

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
So far for me the metal frame has been extremely sensitive and susceptible to scratches. More so than the glass. Til now no scratches on the glass but if anything remotely rigid in nature touches the metal frame on both my original Note7 and my replacement, it scratches or scuffs it. What gives, Sammy? :(

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I live close to the beach and I work outside. Our soil is very sandy so any little speck can cause a scratch easily. I always have to be careful when I use a stylus that a speck of dust isn't on the tip or else I'll get a scratch at the stroke of the pen. That being said, I have two ugly deep scratches or little pits in the glass that look like specks of dust on my new Note 7 that I think got on there when I put my phone face first into my holster. The holster upon closer inspection had some fine sandy dust in the corners. I kind of covered up the scratches with the Verizon tempered glass protector. The fit is perfect and I don't really understand the negative reviews.

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
This version of gorilla glass was designed to be more shatterproof but actually lacks in hardness. Thus, it scratches way too easy. I hate this version of gorilla glass more than ever, it scratches easy like plastic

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
This version of gorilla glass was designed to be more shatterproof but actually lacks in hardness. Thus, it scratches way too easy. I hate this version of gorilla glass more than ever, it scratches easy like plastic

should be called gorilla plastic

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci