Excercising with note 7 - flip belt

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
So I had the note 7 on launch day and loved it, but the size was difficult when I went for a jog or mountain biking. Given some of the issues with the glass cracking or scratching I'm a little concerned to have it in zippered shorts when I bike, and could fall out of pocket if I'm running. I returned it during the recall, but want to rebut it now that it seems to be fixed.

What are you guys doing for working out with it, the phone is rather massive, The armband is ridiculously big, so not an option. Some mentioned a smart watch to put tunes on, but having a hard time finding a watch right now that meets what I want (gear s3 looks great but no google play music app). I love the idea, and it's finally a use case for a smart watch that would work for me, but probably need to wait a bit until what I want is on the market.

Found something called a flipbelt that looked interesting. Waist pouch that is NOT a fanny pack that holds things tight to your waist. Not waterproof, but the phone is, so that's no issue. Anyone use one, and does the note 7 work fine? Won't cause scratches? And sad to say, with the battery issues, I am slightly worried to have it tied to my waist like that in a tight Lycra band...

pinhunter27

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a flip belt that I've used with my S5. I haven't tried it with the note 7 ... took a break from running. But planning on giving it a go tomorrow. I'm a little worried about the size. I'll let you know..

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
So I had the note 7 on launch day and loved it, but the size was difficult when I went for a jog or mountain biking. Given some of the issues with the glass cracking or scratching I'm a little concerned to have it in zippered shorts when I bike, and could fall out of pocket if I'm running. I returned it during the recall, but want to rebut it now that it seems to be fixed.

What are you guys doing for working out with it, the phone is rather massive, The armband is ridiculously big, so not an option. Some mentioned a smart watch to put tunes on, but having a hard time finding a watch right now that meets what I want (gear s3 looks great but no google play music app). I love the idea, and it's finally a use case for a smart watch that would work for me, but probably need to wait a bit until what I want is on the market.

Found something called a flipbelt that looked interesting. Waist pouch that is NOT a fanny pack that holds things tight to your waist. Not waterproof, but the phone is, so that's no issue. Anyone use one, and does the note 7 work fine? Won't cause scratches? And sad to say, with the battery issues, I am slightly worried to have it tied to my waist like that in a tight Lycra band...

I tried it and I didn't like it. I felt like the belt itself rides up and its not as convenient when you take your phone in and out of it. I prefer the Spiebelt. It's a zippered pouch, but it lays flat against you and doesn't bounce too much when you run. It is a lot easier to get your phone in/out of it too.

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I'll try that, worried it was a bit fanny pack, but hearing a real person rate it makes me feel better!

You think that would also work for biking? Perhaps rotate it so it rides on my back?

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm 5-3 and a runner- I use an arm band. I tried the flip belt as well, same, it slides and bounces.

I bought an iPhone 6plus sized arm band back when I was on the plus, it fit my Note 5, A Huawei Mate 8, the edge and Note 7. Maybe I'm just used to it but it doesn't bother me at all. Maybe just buy a cheapy guy on amazon and try it out.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I tried it and I didn't like it. I felt like the belt itself rides up and its not as convenient when you take your phone in and out of it. I prefer the Spiebelt. It's a zippered pouch, but it lays flat against you and doesn't bounce too much when you run. It is a lot easier to get your phone in/out of it too.

I second the spibelt. They now make different kinds to better suit your workout needs. I haven't tried it yet with the note7, but I used to keep my wallet, house key, and BlackBerry Passport in it, and run. It didn't jump around at all.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
When I'm on my hybrid bike, I have the Note 7 in a handlebar phone holder for easy access and viewing. When at the gym doing weights, I have it in my Shark magnetic zipper case with Clearview window. I can plop it on the machine while working out and go to each station that way.

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I'll try that, worried it was a bit fanny pack, but hearing a real person rate it makes me feel better!

You think that would also work for biking? Perhaps rotate it so it rides on my back?

Yes, you could definitely use it for biking. It is totally adjustable :)

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
This is me though I'm 5'9". I don't run but walk using an arm band. I don't love it but it works. Can't wear it when doing weights and machines in the gym but I feel a lot better about putting my phone down inside its case inside the arm band.

On my bike, it will sit inside a stem cradle (have yet to actually try). Very excited the phone is now rain proof.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech