"Auto Backup On, But Data Not Backed Up for 7 Days" notification?

atomicpower

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
I have seen a notification that says something along the lines of "auto backup is turned on. your data has not been backed up for 7 days. click to see settings." It pops up at some point while I'm sleeping and my phone is charging. It started 2 nights ago, so after the first night, I just turned auto backup off. But I still got this notification when I woke up today. I had this problem with my first Note7 too. I would prefer to leave notifications on for the backup service, so does anyone know how to fix this? My main concern is that I turned auto backup off, and this notification says it's still on.

Daniel Ferrara

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I get the same message. Got it with my first note 7 too. The only difference is that I have my backup turned on. I can manually do the backup, but it won't do the automatic one which I believe it should do once every 24 hours once charging. Not sure how to fix it. This backup is great and is how I restored my new replacement note 7. Wish it would work automatically as it should.

andrewg13

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: "Auto Backup On, But Data Not Backed Up for 7 Days" notification?

Just started getting this too. I turned off auto backup. Let's see if the notifications stop. Looks like it did the backup though when looking at the last backup time. Must be a problem on Samsung's side.

Maynard

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I also have started to receive this notification nightly. It doesn't matter whether I have backup turned on or off, I still get the notification. Has anyone learned anything more about its cause or resolution? Thanks.

Weils

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I get the same message. Got it with my first note 7 too. The only difference is that I have my backup turned on. I can manually do the backup, but it won't do the automatic one which I believe it should do once every 24 hours once charging. Not sure how to fix it. This backup is great and is how I restored my new replacement note 7. Wish it would work automatically as it should.

The auto backup option says that it will start backup under the following conditions: 1 hour after the phone has been connected to wifi network and is charging with screen turned off, and 24 hours after last backup. Not sure if this means screen must be turned off including AOD, but I have never matched these conditions before.

Cowboy8467

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I just started getting this notification as well, even though I have auto-backup on and have my phone charging overnight. I would advise people to contact samsung about this through the Samsung plus app so they are aware there is an issue.

dzstoys

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
I was getting this as well. I went to settings and did a search for "backup" and selected "backup account" where it prompted me to select which google account I wanted to set as my default backup account.

Since selecting an account, I have not gotten the message again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar