Phone faster/smoother at night?

Daiz4yota

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that their Note runs way smoother and faster at night? Mine lags quite severely while at work, but is butter smooth at my place. Only thing I can think of is a) the wifi is better at my place, but not sure why slow wifi would make even the most basic tasks of the OS run slow, b) blue light filter turning on? I usually don't get home until its dark and my filter is turned on. I know it sounds crazy, but the differences are night and day between performance.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that their Note runs way smoother and faster at night? Mine lags quite severely while at work, but is butter smooth at my place. Only thing I can think of is a) the wifi is better at my place, but not sure why slow wifi would make even the most basic tasks of the OS run slow, b) blue light filter turning on? I usually don't get home until its dark and my filter is turned on. I know it sounds crazy, but the differences are night and day between performance.
You are probably also using the device less, so it's not running as often in the background or syncing data as it would throughout the day. I would also check the settings for the blue light filter. It may be time based rather than sensing the amount of daylight left.

Daiz4yota

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
If anything I'm using it more at night, so thats not the problem. Blue filter is set to time. This is so odd. My performance goes from almost unusable to blazing fast and I can't figure out why. Driving me crazy. Are there any apps that will allow me to accurately track which apps are using the most CPU?

Charles Nwaeke

Sep 5, 2019
Visit site
This is the exact same experience I'm having on my phone. It's an Android One device (Infinix Note 5 Stylus). I'm always on mobile data. I experience lags/stutters on my phone during the day but around 9pm, the phone's performance improves substantially! It becomes significantly smoother. I have noticed this for quite some time and it occurred to me to run a Google search on it this evening. That's how I found your post.

Charles Nwaeke

Sep 5, 2019
Visit site
There is no significant difference between the way I use the phone during the day and at night. I run the same apps. So I'm unable to figure out what's going on or not

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It'd be a good idea to create a new thread with your question, either in the Ask A Question or General Help forum. This is a 3 year old thread in the Note7 forum, which doesn't get much traffic since that phone was discontinued due to the whole kablooey thing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2