any new news on action memo?

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
No that a lot of us have replacement phones, just wondering if what was said before the recall about Samsung bringing action memo back, if anyone has heard if that is still coming up?

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
That's what someone on here had said, i figured the recall set it back some but was hoping it would still be soon.

Action memo is about the only thing missing from this awesome phone!

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
That's what someone on here had said, i figured the recall set it back some but was hoping it would still be soon.

Action memo is about the only thing missing from this awesome phone!

Why would the recall set them back? Samsung employs 500,000 people. There is absolutely no chance that a single person who works with the software development group has anything to do with the recall. Pretty sure they can work on 2 projects at once.

Jedi215

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why they would remove such an awesome feature like the Link to feature. To quickly write a number down then later link it to your contacts is amazing. Who would remove that? Well.... Sept came and went with no Action memo as we hard we would have by then.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
In the mean time you can try the work around I posted that will get you the fully functioning S Note, including Action Memo (all its "Link To's" working).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-7/728648-fully-featured-functioning-s-note.html

Also includes Easy Chart, the full Extension pack, Idea Sketch, Photo Note, the S Note Widget and Scrapbook. Download them from the links in the post, not from the Galaxy App Store (where S Note is severely gimped). Also, read the post re: turning off auto updates for the Google Play Store and the Galaxy App Store.

Last edited:

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
...just wondering if what was said before the recall about Samsung bringing action memo back, if anyone has heard if that is still coming up?

I just checked Google Play Store - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.samsung.android.app.notes&token=0Hmta6lb - to see if there are any new replies from Samsung. The most recent reads, "October 3, 2016 - Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry for the late update. It seems that the update will be done early October at least."

Their previous canned reply was, "September 27, 2016 - Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience. We are trying to prepare "Pop-up memo" which can replace the some useful features in the previous Action memo."

Ugh, adding "the some useful features in the previous Action memo" is just going to make Samsung Notes a hotter mess than it already is :\

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I still get all confused as to when I should initiate an S note and when I should initiate a Samsung note. :confused:

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I still get all confused as to when I should initiate an S note and when I should initiate a Samsung note. :confused:
That's an easy decision for me. I've opened Samsung Notes maybe three times, when I first got my pre-recall N7. Each time was more frustrating than the last, always looking for an S Note feature, that of course wasn't there.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
That's an easy decision for me. I've opened Samsung Notes maybe three times, when I first got my pre-recall N7. Each time was more frustrating than the last, always looking for an S Note feature, that of course wasn't there.

Since I'm coming at it brand new I'm trying to figure out which features I'd use more. But I do see how S Note might be the overall better bet. I just don't like that the AOD default note goes to Samsung Notes. It's that functionality that I can see using to jot down a quick phone number, etc. and then when it defaults to Samsung Notes I can't "action" it. Also, sent you a PM with some more questions...

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
... I just don't like that the AOD default note goes to Samsung Notes. It's that functionality that I can see using to jot down a quick phone number, etc. and then when it defaults to Samsung Notes I can't "action" it. Also, sent you a PM with some more questions...
I forgot to add this in my PM reply, but figured maybe someone else would benefit from this little-bit sloppy work around for that ^ so posting it here.

On the Note 5, the Screen Off Memo was saved to the same location as other Action Memos, that you could later use to "Link To" and/or edit. On the Note 7 they are saved as .jpg's to Samsung Notes.

While viewing the Screen Off Memo in Samsung Notes, I double tap (w/the button pressed in) the S-Pen to open an Action Memo. I copy the info (name, phone, URL, etc.) that I want to "Link To" into that and save it so I can "Link To" it in the future. ***Note: if you do this, tapping for an Action Memo while on the Samsung Notes screen seems to select those notes while opening an Action Memo. Just be sure to unselect so you don't inadvertently delete anything!

Screenshot_20161005-022913.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz