S-Pen Glance Not Working - "unable to use glance open app then try again"

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else encountered problems with the S-Pen Glance App on their Note 7? If I choose it, it will say "unable to use glance open app then try again." I tried a good search for this issue and haven't come across it. Rebooting doesn't help. I do use another launcher but I went back to TouchWiz and it still happened.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I am having the the same issue! I spoke with the staff at Best buy(Samsung) and they are having the same issues with this feature... I believe this is a software issue, we should contact Samsung.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I am having the the same issue! I spoke with the staff at Best buy(Samsung) and they are having the same issues with this feature... I believe this is a software issue, we should contact Samsung.

Thank you for confirming...I am surprised I've not seen much about this. Mind you, I doubt Glance will work on Arrow Launcher but when it wasn't working under TouchWiz either, I knew something was up.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and Glance is working fine for me.

Wow...frustrating...I wonder, just wonder, if I need to uninstall Arrow Launcher completely? I don't want to test that theory yet because A) I don't NEED glance and B) I have Arrow set up just how I want it...but it is weird how it simply doesn't work.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Wow...frustrating...I wonder, just wonder, if I need to uninstall Arrow Launcher completely? I don't want to test that theory yet because A) I don't NEED glance and B) I have Arrow set up just how I want it...but it is weird how it simply doesn't work.

I am not using any other launcher. Just TouchWiz. And nothing else even installed to potentially be interfering in the way of 3rd party launchers.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Using stock launcher. This error seems all over the place though a bit more frequent on Verizon (surprise), it seems. Hopefully Samsung will do an update to make it work.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
So I take it back, Glance is working. I didn't get how it worked. That notice to open app and try again-- i had to open the app I wanted to minimize and then go back to glance and it worked. And it took me forever to figure how to get rid of the minimized app when I was done--I hit the close all apps thing. I feel like that notice is not worded clearly enough!

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So I take it back, Glance is working. I didn't get how it worked. That notice to open app and try again-- i had to open the app I wanted to minimize and then go back to glance and it worked. And it took me forever to figure how to get rid of the minimized app when I was done--I hit the close all apps thing. I feel like that notice is not worded clearly enough!

Same here...this was "carbon based"...I just didn't know how it worked...thanks for confirming...

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
... And it took me forever to figure how to get rid of the minimized app when I was done--I hit the close all apps thing....
To close just the Glanced mini window/icon-thingy, long press on the icon. It will bring up the little "Remove" trashcan at the top of the screen, where you can drag it to. This way, if you want, you can close just the Glanced view, without closing the actual app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance