Improve Speaker Sound Quality?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I seldom use headphones. I rely on speakers for notifications and talk radio. I find note 7 speakers the worst sounding of any device I've ever owned that produced sound. They are scratchy and tinny. Way too much treble. Is there an app that will allow muting treble so I can listen to midrange? Before answering please try it. I have never found an equalizer for speakers. They are all for headphones. Thanks!

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I seldom use headphones. I rely on speakers for notifications and talk radio. I find note 7 speakers the worst sounding of any device I've ever owned that produced sound. They are scratchy and tinny. Way too much treble. Is there an app that will allow muting treble so I can listen to midrange? Before answering please try it. I have never found an equalizer for speakers. They are all for headphones. Thanks!

I believe they are this way due to the water proofing. The only way I am aware of any mods are by rooting the phone then installing a mod that will help with that and also use the earpiece as another speaker. I believe they did that for the S7 and S7 Edge.

I am sure you also have the option to control the trebble and bass somewhere within the settings. I think you can go to "Settings">"Sounds" and scroll to the bottom option "Sound Quality and Effect" and mess with the setup there.

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
This was one of the thing I first notice with my note7... with the recall it is part of the reason why I might jump to a different phone. Still basic setting should not sound bad only sufficient imo changing the sound setting/eq to make it sound better only. =/

I can't remember how it sound but when I was using my bluetooth with the note 7 it wasnt that great either.