Sticking with the Note 7?

jabtano

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I was going to get the replacement then I saw the V20 and thought yes. Then I saw the price and said no way. So I'll stay with my s6 edge plus for another year

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Yes, still the top smartphone on the market, from features to aesthetics. And I won't be swayed by Apple-biased media hysteria.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I notice folks that seem to be pretending they are Note 7 users or said were considering, but actually appears to be iPhone users all along.

Watch out for NINO's! Note In Name Only

Last edited:

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I am sticking with my replacement Note 7 unless CPCS says give it up....then I will look and take another Note 5...maybe the Pixel. But I am a big screen person....any other phones with big screens? No Iphone's please.

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I am sticking with my replacement Note 7 unless CPCS says give it up....then I will look and take another Note 5...maybe the Pixel. But I am a big screen person....any other phones with big screens? No Iphone's please.
I don't want to be stuck with a lesser device for two years. This really sucks. I may just go back to my Note 4 and upgrade when they get their act together with the S8 Pro with SPen. 😂

Jad Morffier

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site

imartez

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm done with the Note 7. I travel frequently for work and if I can't use the phone while I'm flying, that is a big limitation for me. This is also my 2nd Note 7, I did get a replacement unit and it works well, but the uncertainty of the battery issues and not being able to use it on a plane are not things I can justify for a $850 phone.

I just ordered a Pixel XL and will use my Nexus 6P until I get it.

I just returned my Note7 to the T-Mobile store I purchased it from and received a full refund with NO restocking fee. I was within the 14 day return period, but I was expecting to pay the $50 restocking fee but they waived it without me even asking.

The sad part is that I really liked this phone a lot, but I have lost confidence in this particular model. My wife has a Note 5 and son has an S6 and never had any issues so i think this is just limited to the Note 7. Will I buy a Samsung device again in the future, I think I would because I feel that they will take extra steps to ensure that any new model that comes out works without issue.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I just returned my Note7 to the T-Mobile store I purchased it from and received a full refund with NO restocking fee. I was within the 14 day return period, but I was expecting to pay the $50 restocking fee but they waived it without me even asking.

The sad part is that I really liked this phone a lot, but I have lost confidence in this particular model. My wife has a Note 5 and son has an S6 and never had any issues so i think this is just limited to the Note 7. Will I buy a Samsung device again in the future, I think I would because I feel that they will take extra steps to ensure that any new model that comes out works without issue.
It would suck once the investigation is over...you learn that it was not a real issue and that the user may have been using the wrong charger or did something else to cause the device to explode.....keeping my phone as long as possible.

If I have to return, it's back to s7 edge since it will be getting Grace Ux when Android nougat arrives .....

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I went to my local AT&T store to check and see what is going on. The person that I spoke to literally had no idea what I was talking about. She sat there with her tablet and checked and said that there was nothing official from AT&T regarding the replacement Note 7s. Frankly, given all the press and past issues, I think many of us are over reacting right now. Unless I'm forced to return my Note 7, I'm keeping mine.

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I'll be getting one from tmo here soon. I can't wait. Returned 2 of them before due to heat issues but it's absolutely the best phone out there right now. Providing it doesn't explode on me

imartez

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It would suck once the investigation is over...you learn that it was not a real issue and that the user may have been using the wrong charger or did something else to cause the device to explode.....keeping my phone as long as possible.

If I have to return, it's back to s7 edge since it will be getting Grace Ux when Android nougat arrives .....

I guess I know why T-Mobile gave me a full refund with no questions asked.
Samsung knew a third replacement Note 7 caught fire on Tuesday and said nothing - The Verge

After reading this article I am so much more comfortable with my decision to return the Note7. It seems that it is still a defective device and I have a feeling that there will be another recall and eventually a discontinuation of the Note 7. It's design needs to be re-done. If the replacements received a different battery and they are still catching fire, it's appears that the issue may lie in how the Note 7 uses the battery. When I first got my replacement and plugged it in to charge it got really hot, but eventually it was okay. I don't think that is normal, I even contacted Samsung and they said that was normal but that the phone was safe to use.

jettie1767

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Sadly, I returned my replacement Note 7 yesterday. I really loved the phone and all its features. But, I can't have a phone that might be potentially banned on the plane or the train. I pre-ordered it, had to return it for an S7E then got the replacement. Now, with the news that it's been catching fire again, I just needed to put this to bed and wait for the Note 8 next year. So, for now, I'm on the iPhone 7.

Milt K

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Samsung S7 if it really does get recalled (I'm still on the fence whether that will actually happen). I've invested too much in wireless charging that I need this functionality. Also, with the free Gear VR and 256 GB cards I got through the Samsung promotions I need to use phones that can use these. The Pixels have no SD slot, LG, HTC, and Moto no wireless charging, Apple is well Apple, etc., there isn't really much choice. I had a S7 as a loaner while waiting for my replacemebt0and it wasn't bad at all. The S7 Edge I didn't like because of the large edge panel that resulted in too many accidental touches. Just wish it had a longer battery life and a bigger screen that was all. But it would definitely hold me over until the Note 8. If Verizon had S7 Active variant I would be all over that.

Last edited:

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm done. I decided to send my Note 7 back. Packed it up to take to AT&T shortly once they open. Sadly I only have a Microsoft Lumnia 640 go phone I can use for the time being...which sucks!

Turbo Brian

May 21, 2011
Visit site
ugh, was initially going to stick it out but i returned mine yesterday to tmo who happily took it back without issue and no restock fees. i left with a s7e which ive actually been happy with so far. i was never a huge spen user so it was just an added bonus rather than a requirement for me. After seeing the kentucky report this morning, i think i made the right call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol