Discontinued?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Say if Samsung doesn't do a 2nd recall and does decide to discontinue the note7, will I still be able to use it if I chose to?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Of course, that would just mean they are not making any more, they still have to support the ones out there... If the green battery icon is there, that's meant to be a safe device.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Say if Samsung doesn't do a 2nd recall and does decide to discontinue the note7, will I still be able to use it if I chose to?

If these two new cases prove to be 'the safe' units, I would think Samsung would recall the device AND discontinue it.

You will probably be ok, but the carriers or Samsung could disable the device. That would be extreme of course, but anything is possible. Samsung could ask the carriers to do this to avoid any future litigation. If Samsung recalls, then discontinues it, they would also be within their rights to no longer offer support for the product. At that point they would do anything they could to discourage anyone from using the phones.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Chances are if they issue this second recall, they will want all devices back(no replacements) no exceptions. Meaning it will probably be discontinued until they make a new Note.

That be a killer to wait til next year for the note8 lol. Definitely ain't no other phone I want. I would have to go back to my note5 if need be. I couldn't do an iPhone cause i would be lost cause I've never played with one and never had the interest.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
If these two new cases prove to be 'the safe' units, I would think Samsung would recall the device AND discontinue it.

You will probably be ok, but the carriers or Samsung could disable the device. That would be extreme of course, but anything is possible. Samsung could ask the carriers to do this to avoid any future litigation. If Samsung recalls, then discontinues it, they would also be within their rights to no longer offer support for the product. At that point they would do anything they could to discourage anyone from using the phones.

Yeah. It's sad that my favorite note so far is going thru this. Such bad luck for such a great device. Well the ones that haven't caught fire or whatever.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
😈 To Add to the original question by Jewels81: Just wonder if phones
that has been discontinued..Are kept in Special dataBase by the
manufacturers and the carriers too..Any idea posted please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members