Will we See a 2nd Formal Recall?

neutron

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Samsung and the carriers are being quiet about this. ATT is moderating the issue with a commitment to swap the device for another in the limited inventory. What is not being addressed is the fact that these were carrier branded devices. I used a Next upgrade to get mine. Now that I may no longer be able to use said device, ATT as of yesterday won't let me out of that agreement without a formal recall being issued again.

I have my doubts that there will be another recall. But, what do others think.

fitcherama

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I fear there will be another recall too. Just from the point of view that airlines and so on will be forced to ban the use of Note 7's on their aeroplanes - how can Samsung come back from that? And do I as a customer want to have that headache? My first Note 7 was perfect and my replacement is perfect too. I love this phone. Love it. I'm gutted this is happening again. Yesterday I hoped for the best but today (with all the news erupting) I'm starting to see that Samsung will be left with no choice but to recall and kill the Note 7. The authorities will not be able to police safe handsets unless there are none to police so it will be pulled. I hope I'm wrong but as the news stories keep coming, I can't see a way out of this for Samsung :(

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes there will be another recall.

The V2 that went on fire on the Southwest plane that will put the end to the Note 7 for good.

CPSC will now have no choice but to permanently recall the Note 7

Dm1120

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Unless this is now 100% a software issue (unlikely IMO) Samsung will have to issue a formal recall. I don't think the carriers have any interest in yet another exchange program so there's no point in making replacements.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
They will have a complete recall, followed by discontinuing the Note 7 for good as others have suggested. It is the only course of action to be taken at this point for Samsung to move on from this. Having a second recall to exchange for a version 3 will not work - consumers' trust in this device at this point is gone. I did not have a problem with the original Note 7 or V2, but at this point, I am not willing to risk the chance of something happening. It's over for the Note 7.

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I think another recall is imminent. But the question is full or partial? The answer depends on root cause which is still unknown.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the carriers step away and let Samsung handle the exchanges at this point.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I just bought my V2 unit this past Friday. Admittedly I had not heard about the Southwest airline phone incident before my purchase at Best Buy. In the short time I've had it, it certainly feels like the PERFECT phone. It checkmarks EVERYthing in the specs department. Granted, I haven't had the extended time with it, but I feel everyone other flagship phone out there falls short, and compromises will have to be made in the choosing of the replacement. Sadly, I'm returning it back to Best Buy today at lunch. I travel a bit for work, and as others have stated, this phone is destined to be banned on every mode of public transportation.