Why You Shouldn't Judge So Quickly

tommyz1052

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
I dont doubt these cases of fires and exploding phones. However this thread forced me to look into some of the writers of the Articles on the Samsung Note 7.
One is a Apple Shill for years, Jordan Golson..

Jordan Golson is an Apple Columnist for TechRepublic. He also writes about technology and automobiles for WIRED and MacRumors. He has worked for Apple Retail twice and has been writing about technology since 2007.
https://9to5mac.com/2015/08/06/techcrunch-apple-reporter-darrell-etherington-hired-by-apple-for-pr/

He should disclose that Apple relationship in his articles. He maybe acting unfairly by fanning the flames of panic as most of the news agencies simply repost articles without fact checking.

The truth is phones catch fire . Whether the Samsung Note 7 has a design flaw is unknown. However we deserve a little better than a Apple Shill to tell us this. If the Iphone 7 was a better phone i would get it. But I need bluetooth in my car. I have tried to help new iphone 7 uses pair there bluetooths to there car and it is very problematic. NO articles from Jordan Golson on the Iphone 7 and its faults as a "Transportation Reporter for The Verge"

If there is a chance there is nothing wrong or the problem is limited to a batch ( mid west) KY and Minnesota phones caught fire. Jordan Golson is single handedly lowering the resale of our phones.

Last edited:

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Did anyone even look at the video link i posted? I started the thread to discuss the screen scratching that everyone thought was such concrete evidence in the beginning. But I see the same thing happening now as it did then. People put all their stock in that man's word, and he was wrong. Now people are putting all their stock in several folks that may be just seeking media attention or not giving full details. At least one guy refused to let Samsung examine his phone already. Why would you do that? I'm just saying, just like that scratch test video was wrong, some or all of these new failures could have an explanation.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Could it be that Samsung can't find the problem because there might not actually be one?

I know we should probably believe everything thrown up on the internet as true, but what's the total on the number at this point? What's the research that's been done on these phones? Could they have been abused or somehow tampered with?

The torches and pitchforks are already out so it hardly matters.

Just a thought.

The actual numbers may seem small but it was very early into ownership that the numbers started to build up..... I doubt Samsung did a recall based on false reports.

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone even look at the video link i posted? I started the thread to discuss the screen scratching that everyone thought was such concrete evidence in the beginning. But I see the same thing happening now as it did then. People put all their stock in that man's word, and he was wrong. Now people are putting all their stock in several folks that may be just seeking media attention or not giving full details. At least one guy refused to let Samsung examine his phone already. Why would you do that? I'm just saying, just like that scratch test video was wrong, some or all of these new failures could have an explanation.

I'm guessing the reason this is the guy is keeping is for evidence in case of a law suit. I'm betting he's already contacted an attorney, and was advised to keep the phone for an independent investigation.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I watched the video. A popular YouTuber made a video calling out Samsung and Corning, made a gross mistake in his testing and it took him 2 months to admit to his mistake. Maybe Corning should bury him in lawsuits.

Last edited:

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing the reason this is the guy is keeping is for evidence in case of a law suit. I'm betting he's already contacted an attorney, and was advised to keep the phone for an independent investigation.
Exactly. He went to the hospital, diagnosed with bronchitis due to smoke inhalation caused by a faulty cell phone, and received an unintended text message from a Samsung employee. Holding onto the phone is his evidence.

Besides, he paid $850 for that phone and it's his. He has every right to do what he wants with his personal property.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Just my thoughts doh. What if the first batch of recalled devices was say. 1 to 100 and everything after that is good. When in reality its actually 1 to 200. So basically they gave 100 defective devices thinking it was good. Remember when there was a guy given a new note 7 safe version and ran his imei and found it to be one of the recalled devices but had the dots?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae