How long will this forum stay open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mscjr

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Will this forum remain open for posterity, as sort of a scatter garden for those that had the Note 7 and were forced to move on?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Not planning on closing it - people still need to be able to talk about how to return devices, issues they encounter doing so, best choices for alternative devices, etc.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Will this forum remain open for posterity, as sort of a scatter garden for those that had the Note 7 and were forced to move on?

I was wondering the same thing. but in 2 years from now, will anyone really still have this device? What if Samsung does hit the big red button and announces a remote disable of the device? Most people think it can't happen, but in reality, it's very possible. Hell, we have that ability now, as individual owners of the devices, with remote wipe actions. Disabling it entirely isn't too far removed from that practice.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Seconded Aquila

It will stay open, but we'd like users to focus on exchanges and alternative devices. Since the Note 7 has been canned, there's no point in talking about much else.

But I can't guarantee it'll stay that way for long.

Last edited:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
To reiterate - there's no intention of closing down the section. We are working on getting it organized so that folks looking for help getting their devices returned, figuring out their next choice, etc. can quickly find the information they need. And hopefully that effort will mean they can do so without wading through tons of unhelpful stuff. As always, we expect members to be positive, productive and professional.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod note: Lets keep the discussion civil please. If there is a problem with a post then please report it so the Mod team can take a look. We neeed to discuss topics and not the people participating.
Thanks.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The phone last MUCH longer but wasn't there an issue with the Sidekick also that caused them to cease making them and take down the server that supported it? I remember many, MANY people being up in arms when they had to turn in their Sidekicks!

EDIT: I got curious so I googled it! Seems that it was a combination of things I was thinking about. There WAS a major outage and perceived (but not real) data loss issue, and the service was down for several weeks in 2009, but then in 2010/2011 the Danger (that was the company's name) discontinued cloud serves first on T-Mobile and than a little later on other global partners.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danger_Hiptop

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Going to close this up. If the decision to close the forum is ever made, and I can't imagine a circumstance in which we'd do that - we'll post an announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance