The only compromise I am willing to make

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azartrus

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
As a note 7 owner whom has remained loyal to Samsung throughout this whole ordeal, I feel that Samsung could do much better to compensate the customers who pay the most for a premium device. Like many of you, I don't want to give up my note 7 and all other offerings don't hold much of a candle to this device.

To make me happy Samsung should do exactly this:

"We recognize our failure and wish to keep our loyal Note customers happy. We will now offer a note 5 free of charge to previous note 7 owners."
A note 5 should be offered for our trouble if Samsung cares anything about keeping note owners happy. Then and only then will I give up my note 7 (which is a liability for them as long as it is in my possession)

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
As a note 7 owner whom has remained loyal to Samsung throughout this whole ordeal, I feel that Samsung could do much better to compensate the customers who pay the most for a premium device. Like many of you, I don't want to give up my note 7 and all other offerings don't hold much of a candle to this device.

To make me happy Samsung should do exactly this:

"We recognize our failure and wish to keep our loyal Note customers happy. We will now offer a note 5 free of charge to previous note 7 owners."
A note 5 should be offered for our trouble if Samsung cares anything about keeping note owners happy. Then and only then will I give up my note 7 (which is a liability for them as long as it is in my possession)

They're already losing a huge amount of money with this recall (unless they have great recall coverage on their insurance policy). Giving free devices to everyone would only put them further in the hole.

Azartrus

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
They should loose more money and write it off if they really want to keep customers happy. One recall.. fine I can accept that but 2 recalls?
Time is money and most of use have wasted a lot of time just trying to get a note 7

Longhorngary

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Offer people who actually bought the Note 7, a discount or a preferred trade in on the next Note or Note type device. Maybe $200-$300 loyalty discount on the next Galaxy with a stylus.

devauls

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
They should loose more money and write it off if they really want to keep customers happy. One recall.. fine I can accept that but 2 recalls?
Time is money and most of use have wasted a lot of time just trying to get a note 7

Agree. They are already losing millions (billions?), they can spend a bit to offer Note 5's to those of us that actually went through the hoops with the first recall so that we can purchase their next flagship when its available. Then put us first in line for pre-ordering. Or even make it a $100 deposit that is applied to the purchase of new flagship with acceptance of the Note 5 "loaner". They give us a free loaner if we agree to stay loyal and give them another chance. Grasping at straws here.....

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Seems everyone wants something now days. How about they take back the dangerous phone and provide everyone a free BMW? Would that be even better? I think asking for this and that plus double and triple taking the promos along with everything else is enough.

As for it being a liability as long as its in your possession? In a court of law, part of the facts would be:
-Did the company attempt to mitigate the damage? YES
-Was the damaged party aware of the possible damages? YES
-Did the damaged party do anything to mitigate the damage? NO
-Was the company 100% at fault? NO

If you keep the device, knowing the possible ramifications, you are not mitigating any of the damage and that would be on you, not samsung

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Agree. They are already losing millions (billions?), they can spend a bit to offer Note 5's to those of us that actually went through the hoops with the first recall so that we can purchase their next flagship when its available. Then put us first in line for pre-ordering. Or even make it a $100 deposit that is applied to the purchase of new flagship with acceptance of the Note 5 "loaner". They give us a free loaner if we agree to stay loyal and give them another chance. Grasping at straws here.....

Somewhere in the ballpark of a $15 billion write down

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I wonder what the match is on lost customers vs. giving stuff away.

For example, I have switched over to a Pixel XL, which means I am not likely to come back for the Note 8. Because of that, they have lost a heavy Samsung Pay user indefinitely, a Gear VR content purchaser, and a person increasing their presence in the Samsung ecosystem. I am likely to buy a new TV in the near future. Samsung would have been the only choice if I still used their phone, now it will be a choice. Finally, I may or may not continue to use S-Health once my Pixel arrives.

Based on that usage profile, I am curious as to my yearly value to Samsung. That would go a long way to determining what they should have offered me to stay. I would have been happy with a refurb S7E for use until the S8 or N8 arrived. I just did not want to buy a S7E, because I am on a 2 year contract cycle through work.

As it is, I am getting excited about the Pixel arrival. Serious deja vu with the Note 7, wondering when the Pixel will ship for arrival. Am I going to get it early???

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Personally, as a Note 7 owner, I feel many of us went through the ringer with this phone. This has not been an easy process and we have had our hearts and souls invested in this device. Maybe this might sound dumb to some, but many of us feel this way. Besides emotional stress and strain, it has been a big inconvenience as well. Besides the time and effort in ordering phones, returning phones and dealing with bill credits, I will (as most Note 7 owners) be completing the third customization of a phone in two months. This, for me, is a day project.

I do feel Samsung owes Note 7 owners more than an apology, which I do not even think it has actually done. What I think is fair, for the inconvenience alone, is some sort of cash rebate, at least $100-$150, on a future Samsung device to each person who owned a Note 7.

The world owes me nothing, but a sincere gesture by Samsung would go a long way.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
As it is, I am getting excited about the Pixel arrival. Serious deja vu with the Note 7, wondering when the Pixel will ship for arrival. Am I going to get it early???

We can only hope it ships earlier than they expect... I would love to play around with that phone right now ^_^.

Status
Not open for further replies.