Edge 7 with Note 7 features

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRGDR

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Spen with s7 edge

I'm pretty sure that the Note has a digitizer that allows the SPen to work. You can use a regular stylus on the s7 but not the SPen.
Yes, I have tried S-pens form previous notes on different android phones and tablets and they do not work.

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Is there any kind of screen write functionality with the S7Edge?

........Samsung uses Wacom, correct.....and the S pen will only work on a device with a Wacom digitizer.....Microsoft uses Ntrig, which is a similar technology, but not the same.....just the Samsung Note series ( including the Note 10.1 tablet ) or a Wacom compatible tablet/sketch pad can use the S pen.

Sent from mTalk

Momof9Blessings

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site

The Intuos Creative Stylus 2 pen DOES WORK on the S7 Edge. It will open apps, type etc.... At Best Buy she even used it to write on a photo. I saw that there is an app that will give you a keyboard option to do handwriting too.... :)

It does use bluetooth....

Last edited:

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
What are the chances that Samsung will do a full software update with a bunch of Note 7 features any time soon? I would like to see Note 7 OSD for one, updated touchwiz, secure folder and Samsung notes would be nice. Feel free to add your choices.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
This would be really interesting and would certainly help Samsung. However, I don't know about its chances of happening. But, I'm sure Samsung will do whatever it can to get itself back in top after what has happened. Who knows what they will do - it will be exciting to see what happens!

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'd love a software update to change my native 32GB of onboard memory to 64GB so I can actually load more than a couple of oculus apps on my edge (oculus/Gear VR apps cannot generally be moved to the SD card). The main reason I upgraded to the Note 7. My carrier does not offer a Samsung phone with 64GB of onboard memory, so that's that. Awesome to not have choices.... Bitter? Yes.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
They'll add all of that with the Nougat update I would assume. I wouldn't expect any other update before the big one. With luck, maybe they'll fast track the S7/S7E update since they don't need to waste time on the Note7 updates any longer.

catloverplayer

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
What are the chances that Samsung will do a full software update with a bunch of Note 7 features any time soon? I would like to see Note 7 OSD for one, updated touchwiz, secure folder and Samsung notes would be nice. Feel free to add your choices.

So would I and also the night mode.

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site

A patent was awarded to Samsung in Korea for a case overlay for non-Note Galaxy devices. Some sort of glass or something you can attach and detach as you wish with a slot for a pen. Maybe it will have that Wacom digitizer for the S-pen. The patent was awarded I believe in 2015. Again it's just a patent and who knows if it's going to be a reality or not. Companies like to patent stuff when they come up with crazy ideas. Maybe now is the right time to make that patent a reality.
I may be wrong, but I believe the S7/edge comes with a pre installed S-Note.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

I just read earlier today that the S7Edge will get the Grace UI with the 7.0 update. They are testing it now. We will get it by December.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site

The Intuos Creative Stylus 2 pen DOES WORK on the S7 Edge. It will open apps, type etc.... At Best Buy she even used it to write on a photo. I saw that there is an app that will give you a keyboard option to do handwriting too.... :)

It does use bluetooth....

Can you get some more info on this? I don't want to pay around $80.00 and have the pen not work lol

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I hope we get Note7's UI on the S7 Edge soon. I miss it a lot.

Ha maybe Verizon did us a favor by gimping the Note 7 Grace UI. Going from Note to Edge has been fairly painless (well, except the lack of s pen and form factor). And I actually prefer the in-folder navigation on the Edge (all apps in the folder accessible via scroll DOWN rather than sideways...you can see the very tops of the "last row" so you KNOW there's more further down).

I dunno...but I am very tired of all of this. I didn't use S Notes a ton, and I had the "older" version...but I liked the little hovering square to remind me I had a note in progress and the ability to pin my note to the home screen within the app. The closest I can get now is the widget.

Status
Not open for further replies.