My real problem with giving up my Note 7 is losing Grace UI

drewood31601

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I realized this morning that I really can live with going back to my Note5, but I hate to give up Grace UI. I love the direction Samsung went with the TouchWiz skin and the thought of losing it is causing all types of anxiety in me.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Well radio on the way to work this morning. Apparently celebrities aren't giving them up this time. The one on the talk show said he flew in to Mississippi with his. He said the statistics were higher for cancer than his N7 exploding. They asked what happens if they don't let him fly back with it. I'm renting a car and driving back to New York. Lol! He said no one can say why it happened or how, but recalled it. He said so far he has not seen nor heard of any more catching fire. I got the s7e but I'm still gonna run my N7 to see if it really will flame up. Yep $900 risk to run high processing apps to heat it up but ya gotta wonder why no one can make it go boom but itards.

ljedik

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
Just received my New 64GB N5 and refuse to unbox it. I bought it so at least I have it if I'm tackled to the ground forced to turn it off. I'm not going down without a fight! lol Just not charging it overnight. and might leave it on a fire-proof pad at night.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I got the s7e yesterday, and have activated it, but I'm hanging on to the n7 till I can't return the s7e. Never know what info could come out, or what could change...

Very doubtful the n7 will ever be supported again tho, even if Sammy does, Verizon will likely tell them to pundits sand.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm sure I will eventually give mine up, but I'm gonna procrastinate a little more. This phone is just so damn good. How did this mess happen? No resale, no support, and possible crippling updates will be my only reason for letting this baby go. Does anyone know if any if the ones in China ever had issues?

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Just received my New 64GB N5 and refuse to unbox it. I bought it so at least I have it if I'm tackled to the ground forced to turn it off. I'm not going down without a fight! lol Just not charging it overnight. and might leave it on a fire-proof pad at night.
I place mine on a glass top for overnight charging. Or u could get a small Pyrex dish. Just to be safe from the media and itards. Sorry I just can't stand apple any longer. Every case I have seen the owners of these exploding N7's have an iPhone, not an old one ,but a brand spanking new one! Get real here. Statistics don't add up. I got an s7e but man I just can't turn off my N7! It's like Apple paid people to destroy an N7 to squash the one phone that could have brought them to their knees.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Never in a million years I would think it would be soo hard for me to give up a phone....lmao. My hubby thinks I am down right crazy...lol. But it shows how we have grown accustomed to having one and on top of it the luxuries/specs that come with them. I will give mine up at the end, just trying to make a choice between the LGV20, the Note 5, Axon7, OnePlus 3, Asus Zenphone Deluxe 3 and the Moto Z Force....sigh. One thing I do know, is that I will never be caught without a backup phone ever again. I am actually now looking for 2 phones.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure I will eventually give mine up, but I'm gonna procrastinate a little more. This phone is just so damn good. How did this mess happen? No resale, no support, and possible crippling updates will be my only reason for letting this baby go. Does anyone know if any if the ones in China ever had issues?

Good question....

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
GraceUI is one of the reasons why I have decided to be done with Samsung. Not because I don't like it, I do. What kills me is the fact the s7edge is a flagship 2016 phone and they haven't gotten around to adding GraceUI to it yet. This is a company that has unlimited resources. The s7 edge should not be so far behind the note in terms of software. I am tired of Samsung's general software support.

The note7 was a gem, and it is painful to give it up but I am not giving Samsung any more business.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have to believe that Samsung will try to push a lot of the newer UI stuff to the S7 line and maybe the Note 5 as well. 1) To try to keep those users happy and b) No Note 7 to take away development resources

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
For Note 5? Any info/links that say they plan to? Or wishful thinking? Can they do that without having to wait for a full OS update? Cause Note 5 people just got Marshmellow right? If there is any Nougat we could be talking mid 2017. Could they update the Spen software separately that has the new features like the gif creator or translator?

I hope that Grace UI update comes soon.

Joachimi

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I have literally walked into T mobile with all my accessories 3 times. As you can sees from my signature I'm 0 for 3. I concede, I feel like a 5 year old "my phone, you can't have it".....

Sam1482

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
What has really annoyed me is that I had to send my first note 7 back and I was waiting for a replacement but second recall happened so I couldn't get my replacement I'm in UK so I got the s7 edge well Samsung updated the aod today but dint include 3rd party apps or double tap with I think is really out of order since I had the note so if they don't add that to the s7 edge Samsung can do one

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae