What Replacement Phone Have You Decided On?

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
For giggles I decided to go from page 1 to see if people weren't recommending or going with Samsung... and I would say the good percentage of responses for the first 4 pages were mostly people going with S7E, Note 5, back to Note 4, Note 3 even.

So I decided to skip the next 6 pages and look at the last two where you have people talking the S6Edge, S7Edge, S7 Batman.

So you're right... can't be it. No conspiracy to talk people away from Samsung. Just a lot a new phones out that's worth considering.

As for the A9 Pro... for me... I don't want a 6" phone. Part of the attraction of the Note 7 was that it was smaller than previous Notes as well as the iPhone Plus.

Wait, right above on this page it reads, QUOTE:
"The V20 embarrasses the Note 7 in speed and smoothness and the performance consistency is amazing. The Hifi Dac embarrasses the Note 7 audio capabilities. Overall the V20 is a solid choice as a replacement…"

So I WAS right in posting, and hence making people aware of the Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro.
Just because it isn't the tight phone for YOU, doesn't mean other people shouldn't be made aware that it even exists!
6" screen with 5000 mAh Battery, and a Samsung Galaxy Phone people are not even aware of so please.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Well the A9 is worth posting about along with the rest cause there certainly could be people that like big phones up to that size. I was just putting in my personal opinion without thinking that.

I've flipped flopped a bit on phone options recently myself cause I kinda want to play with a new phone NOW... but I keep on leaning towards waiting on what the S8 has to offer in February... kind of hoping they have surprise on a pen option. But can't blame people being tempted by the new phones out now. Many sound like they change on a yearly basis and open to all brands anyways. Me... I buy a phone it's gonna be my daily for the next 2-3 years most likely.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Despite 2 recalls.I still plan on buying the note8 .I really like the Samsungs .with the second recall I went back to note4.Which I would have stayed with but I switched from art to tmobile for the note 7.my note 4 was art I got it unlocked but my signal is not great on tmoniles network.So until then my choices were Samsung 7edge or the V20.people have use what works for them.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Also any I have not had the chance to use android pay .I have tried to set it up with my atm but it doesn't include my bank

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I got my black S7 Edge from Swappa yesterday. I've got it mostly set up like I want it. Had to go with used because TMo doesn't offer the S7 Edge in black anymore.

The only thing is it's close enough to my Note 7 I think it makes me miss the Note more because it's close, but not quite the same. I may try something different from TMo direct when I take my Note back.

sdardoin

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Went with the S7 Active... didnt like the edges on the S7E... (the Note7 was perfect)... so that left it between the S7 and the S7A and bigger battery won over, and it was worth it. Took off the charger at 6am yesterday and at 10pm, I was still sitting at 70%. Crazy.

Getting used to a 5.1" screen after 2 Notes is a struggle.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
And I still haven't made up my mind. Nothing is in stock - all back ordered. I considered the Iturd 7+ plus but just can't get with Itunes. I refuse to pay full donkey for the S7 Edge.

V20 - battery life seems suspect.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
At the moment, I'm starting to lean toward the V20. I honestly hadn't looked into it much until the last few days and after seeing its got a military drop test rating, removable battery, hifi audio, superb camera, and Nougat right out of the box, it's my main contender. Before that I figured I'd just end up with a Oneplus 3. Still might, we'll see after I get hands on time with a V20. Can't even consider the Note 5, if I wanted it I would have upgraded to it last year. Can't even consider ankther iPhone at the moment, it's just too... boring. The V20 currently looks like what I'll be jumping ship to when it's released. So we'll see

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
i bought a Note 5 which i had before the Note 7... I wanted the active but i didnt think i could get used to the smaller screen. So ill keep the Note 5 until the S8 or another phone comes along that interests me. I dont have any interest in the Pixel.. i looked at the V20 for like 30 min the other day... but comparing that screen to an amoled screen.. wow you can see the difference...

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I have the Matte black iPhone 7+ 256Gb and I am missing my N7 big time.

I should have waited and picked up the Pixel XL. Reviews are coming in from all over the place and people are loving that device. Camera is said to outperform both the iPhone and N7.

Don't get my wrong. The iphone I have is nice. Battery life is sick. 1 week in and I'm getting 16-18 hours with 6-7 hours of SOT (listed under usage in their battery option).

Same apps. Same heavy use on my N7 I was getting 10-12 hours with 4-5 SOT but the rapid charge offset the lower battery life. But makes me "feel" better knowing no matter how much I use this I'll need need to be near a charger.

But I just prefer Android OS and SIRI SUCKS. Google Assistant or Google Now is light years ahead of Siri.

I will wait until next year and look at next version of Pixel XL or S8 Pro or whatever they name the one with the pen.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
LOL, I didn't like the idea of losing Google now and maps when my G3 died and using an i6. But I download the Google app, put it on my home screen at thumb reach away and one extra move by tapping app but say "OK Google" and life is good again because I find myself using it all the time for searches and my go to app for directions. And with Google Maps installed, Google App will use Google Maps when asking for directions.

It has all the apps I had on Android (except Google Rewards ) and runs as well on i6 if not better. Just a solid phone if you don't mind the lack of customizing even though you can change keyboards, email app, a few things.

I'm in a new gadget mood this past year so I'm sure I'll be going Android next phone... hoping the S8 will be exciting.

I should have waited and picked up the Pixel XL. Reviews are coming in from all over the place and people are loving that device. Camera is said to outperform both the iPhone and N7.

Don't get my wrong. The iphone I have is nice. Battery life is sick. 1 week in and I'm getting 16-18 hours with 6-7 hours of SOT (listed under usage in their battery option).

Same apps. Same heavy use on my N7 I was getting 10-12 hours with 4-5 SOT but the rapid charge offset the lower battery life. But makes me "feel" better knowing no matter how much I use this I'll need need to be near a charger.

But I just prefer Android OS and SIRI SUCKS. Google Assistant or Google Now is light years ahead of Siri.

I will wait until next year and look at next version of Pixel XL or S8 Pro or whatever they name the one with the pen.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

I can not wait until my Pixel XL arrives.
One review said that it is the best cell phone camera out there. The only flaw was low light in which the S7 beat it out.

It will be hard to give up my GNote7. I found a way around the S-Pen issue. A friend there at Verizon knows how much I used the s-Pen. Told me to try it out. I test out a Stylus on the Pixel. It worked great. I can use it for Electronic Signatures and for Credit card transactions. It is not the Note but it is okay for now. This will get me by until the Next Note gets released.

Angmoe

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered the V20......I have loved all my Note phones especially the 7.....If I'm not completely won over by the v20 I'll be back to whatever Samsung comes out with next in the "Note "

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
So I went to a Verizon store today just to check out the Pixel/XL. The smaller felt good in the hand, but the XL is ginormous for a 5.5 inch phone. Also I don't care what AC says, it's odd looking and feeling. Nothing on that big bottom bezel and that weird glass panel look stupid. The display looks good though. I also took another look at the iPhone 7 Plus. Another huge phone for the screen size. The display on the 7 Plus is fantastic. Vibrant, but not oversaturated. I'd def go with the 7 Plus over the Pixel XL (I like both OSes and don't care about Google Assistant one bit). I also noticed that the HTC 10 which I really wanted to check out had crashed bad so it needed a factory reset. No telling how long it had been like that. (Poor guy got not love from the reps). They were pushing the Pixel even harder than Samsung which is a first in my experience. I'm on TMo and was just looking at accessories and they tried their hardest to push me into a Pixel.

All in all I've got my "like new" (not at all) s7 edge from swappa, Decided the Pixel XL isn't for me (too big), and still on a search for a phone I want. I think one thing I've learned recently is display quality and screen to body ratio are way more important than I realized.

souffoue

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Lots of great info here. Thanks to all for responding! My note 5 has finally shipped after being on backorder. Should be here Monday. Gonna miss my note 7!

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Lots of great info here. Thanks to all for responding! My note 5 has finally shipped after being on backorder. Should be here Monday. Gonna miss my note 7!

I'm surprised you didn't go back to iPhone. I thought about Note 5, but I can't with 32GB.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered the V20......I have loved all my Note phones especially the 7.....If I'm not completely won over by the v20 I'll be back to whatever Samsung comes out with next in the "Note "
If you never used an LG phone coming from the Note 7 you might want To install another launcher.

Last edited: