What Replacement Phone Have You Decided On?

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm just not that impressed with any of these fall flagship phones.

They look like solid phones, but all seem to be just missing something...They just don't seem very future proof to me. I'd be onto the next thing as early as next spring.

Patience is a virtue, and I'm holding out until March/April.

I wish I could of done that ,when I got the N7 I sold my N4 so when all that failed I found my self with no phone so that's how IPhone came into play for me.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Which one did you get? I went with the 7+.

7 plus and very happy once you adjust to iOS rock solid phone.
Tip long press on the key board and it will gray out and work as a track pad to let you move the curser around, then light press for cut and paste options.
Just leaned that one pretty cool

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
7 plus and very happy once you adjust to iOS rock solid phone.
Tip long press on the key board and it will gray out and work as a track pad to let you move the curser around, then light press for cut and paste options.
Just leaned that one pretty cool

Thanks for track pad tip.

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Everyone is too excited to have a new phone the LG real reviews will come in after some user time.
I'm extremely happy with my IPhone hard to believe I can say that.
Next year the real upgrades will be out , Samsung & IPhone

I feel the same exact way. I really can't believe how much I'm enjoying my IP7 plus. It's really grown on me and I really never ever thought I would be an apple guy. Like ever .

Elo1929

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
Man, i didnt want to turn my N7 in, it was very hard to do😠. Coming from a n3,n4 and having to turn my n7 in for this S7E, im missing my pen like crazy! Couldnt do the N5 bc i need more storage, so I got the S7E until the n8 come out.

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I would suggest you try it for yourself. Nova Launcher will not help. With hands on with the Pixel. I liked it better then the V-20.

I am using the Nova Launcher on the V20 and LOVE it. I am unsure how the Nova Launcher on the N7 is different than the using the launcher on the V20?

I am three days in with my V20 and just cannot say how much I love it. I chose it because I really don't care for the aestics of the Pixel. I mean if I wanted and iPhone looking phone I would just by an iPhone :).

The V20 has a very sleek look and I love the edge to edge display......The secondary screen is really REALLY nice as well....

Bravo LG!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Man, i didnt want to turn my N7 in, it was very hard to do😠. Coming from a n3,n4 and having to turn my n7 in for this S7E, im missing my pen like crazy! Couldnt do the N5 bc i need more storage, so I got the S7E until the n8 come out.
You'll survive. It's really not that bad of a phone, even for us Note users

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I am using the Nova Launcher on the V20 and LOVE it. I am unsure how the Nova Launcher on the N7 is different than the using the launcher on the V20?

I am three days in with my V20 and just cannot say how much I love it. I chose it because I really don't care for the aestics of the Pixel. I mean if I wanted and iPhone looking phone I would just by an iPhone :).

The V20 has a very sleek look and I love the edge to edge display......The secondary screen is really REALLY nice as well....

Bravo LG!
After hands on with both phones, I liked the Pixel XL better. Both are not Note 7's. The Pixel XL performed better at the Verizon store. That is why I said to have some hands on time with the phone before making a decision. From some of the results coming out I feel I made the right decision.

Last edited:

souffoue

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm surprised you didn't go back to iPhone. I thought about Note 5, but I can't with 32GB.
I was never sold on my iPhone. I love my note 7 though. I was able to get the note 5 in black sapphire with 64 gb. Hoping that will be enough. My old iPhone only had 16 gb I think. Lol

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I am 2 days into the V20 and I must say..... It is REALLY nice. In my opinion the V20 is the way to go here. In many ways it's better than the Note 7. It is ridiculously fast and smooth. Great build quality. The camera features and high end audio and second screen is fantastic. I loved my N7 and thought my mobile phone life died with it, but the V20 has me in mobile phone bliss again. I can't believe I'm saying this but if I walked into a store today and both were available I'm not so sure I'd pick the N7 again..... It's that good.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Went back and forth for weeks on this decision and it wasn't easy. Ultimately went with the S7 Edge yesterday as it's closest to the Note 7, got the same silver color, similar camera, edge screen, SD card, can use my wireless charger still, and I'm hearing that Samsung is doing deals for those N7 customers sticking with Samsung when the S8/N8 comes out. I also got in writing from Verizon I could upgrade after 50% paid off instead of 100%.

I tested the LG V20 and wanted to like it, but after playing with one last week, side by side with my N7, the screen wasn't nearly as nice and the camera didn't take as good pix (bunch of blurry ones in lower light). Couldn't compromise a worse camera for 6 months (or longer depending when N8 is out)

Tested the Pixel XL head to head with my N7 too and the screen and camera were very close, but the boring iPhone form factor (huge bezels), no SD card, no wireless charging and no water proofing turned me off.

S7E had more of what I liked in the N7, minus s pen and screen size, of course, and I can make it almost look like I had my N7 (Nova launcher helps). Hopefully I'll be back to the next Note soon!

iamdld

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Went with a 7+ and back to IOS after 3 years. I'll switch to my backup Nexus 6p when I want an Android fix. There wasn't any other Android phone that interested me.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Went with a 7+ and back to IOS after 3 years. I'll switch to my backup Nexus 6p when I want an Android fix. There wasn't any other Android phone that interested me.
Would you go for the next Note [if they call it Note]? What do you think about the possible offerings in the S8 line this spring? Lots of rumors and leaked photos of those

iamdld

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Would you go for the next Note [if they call it Note]? What do you think about the possible offerings in the S8 line this spring? Lots of rumors and leaked photos of those

I wouldn't go for the S8 unless it has at least a 5.5 inch screen. Would consider the next note but right now I doubt I would switch. The 7+ is really nice and my wife has an iPhone. It's nice being able to facetime her from anywhere. One thing stopping me from going full iOS is android wear. I would have to sell my smartwatch and shell out another few hundred for an apple watch.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't go for the S8 unless it has at least a 5.5 inch screen. Would consider the next note but right now I doubt I would switch. The 7+ is really nice and my wife has an iPhone. It's nice being able to facetime her from anywhere. One thing stopping me from going full iOS is android wear. I would have to sell my smartwatch and shell out another few hundred for an apple watch.

I'm interested in a smart watch for my 7 plus but the Apple Watch doesn't do it for me , I like the G3 but that's not a option now

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc