Goodbye Note 7 and Goodbye Samsung...

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Well I sent My Note 7 back yesterday!☹️☹️☹️

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...%3A%2F%2Fvimeo.com%2F196124547&token=m0serwn0

I sent mine back because in the next month or so you will have no choice. A friend of mine at Verizon said that if you do block the update it doesn't matter. They will send you an message giving you a chance to get another phone after the message and the date they give you is up you will be cut off by your provider not a software update. It is coming. I will get the next Note 8 when it is released.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Only a couple of more months... even though I am really wanting to try out a new phone it hasn't been that painful of a wait.

If the front goes all screen and the "base" S8 is stretched to 5.7" then I may be content with that over the larger... unless the larger is a Note 8 :p

I can't wait to see what Samsung will have to offer and I would love, love a S8 at 6.2 hmmmmmm

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
"Deshi Basara" "Deshi Basara" "Deshi Deshi" "Basara Basara" "Deshi Deshi" "Basara Basara" :cool:
Soon Samsung will ‘Rise" again lol ;)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
All understandable, but I think you're depriving yourself a bit by swearing off Samsung for good. Their flagship offerings really are unmatched. Right now it's the S7 Edge. The combination of hardware, features, and OS make it an easy choice over the Pixel IMO, and of course just leaves Apple in the dust. Granted, the latter isn't difficult to do.

It doesn't do anything special that other phones can't do except the edge.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I can't wait to see what Samsung will have to offer and I would love, love a S8 at 6.2 hmmmmmm

I love big phones, screens because it's easier to type on, BUT 6.2 inches is just too big and pushing it, especially after slapping a case on it. I got a v20 with a Defender on it right now and this thing is a tank, just the right size for me, but I can't imagine having an even bigger phone and fitting it in my pocket. 5.7 inch screen is perfect. I will probably hold onto my V20 for a couple months after the S8 comes out or wait until the Note 8. No early buying for me again after the Note 7!

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't do anything special that other phones can't do except the edge.

Except the superior display, superior aesthetics, always on display, top-of-the-line camera, wireless charging... good luck getting that combination elsewhere. Didn't even mention the ease of Samsung Pay.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Except the superior display, superior aesthetics, always on display, top-of-the-line camera, wireless charging... good luck getting that combination elsewhere. Didn't even mention the ease of Samsung Pay.
None of the features you mentioned are unique except Samsung pay and not everyone needs every single one on their phone. Every flagship has a top of the line camera.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
None of the features you mentioned are unique except Samsung pay and not everyone needs every single one on their phone. Every flagship has a top of the line camera.

So it does do things other phones can't... combine those features into a single device.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
And other phones do things that it can't. Be happy with your choice but it doesn't make it the best phone.... Just the best phone for you.

No other phones combine all those features. I didn't even call it the "best," I'm responding to you telling me the only thing unique about it is the edge.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Apertures are not that far apart and are not the only nor the most important low light factor.

It makes a huge difference if you've seen the tests.. Anyway, you said that there wasn't anything unique about it and I was just pointing out one obvious thing that still makes the GS7 stand apart.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I love big phones, screens because it's easier to type on, BUT 6.2 inches is just too big and pushing it, especially after slapping a case on it. I got a v20 with a Defender on it right now and this thing is a tank, just the right size for me, but I can't imagine having an even bigger phone and fitting it in my pocket. 5.7 inch screen is perfect. I will probably hold onto my V20 for a couple months after the S8 comes out or wait until the Note 8. No early buying for me again after the Note 7!

Your problem is the Defender case. Those things are hideous and huge! You can get much slimmer and smaller cases that will give you just as good if not better drop protection.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci