Is anyone here thinking of buying the HTC 10?

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I was too but I realize it needs to be price a little bit more cheaper for me to consider it... As someone stated the axon 7 is the better buy

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I bought it when it was $550. I think it still is.

It's amazing how fast this thing is. Both cameras are great, audio from the 3.5mm jack is great (even the Dolby effects are cool).

I think the phones speakers are awesome, definitely better than my Note 7, but then I never used the old boomsound setup.

Only thing I don't like is that status bar icons look like trash, but that's an opinion.

Jzamora1978

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I was going too also. But no T-Mobile stores had them in stock. Was thinking of the V20, but just couldn't pull the trigger in it when it comes out. The HTC looked like the best option for me but decided on the iPhone 7 as the rest of my family has iphones

pdangcil

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I bought it when it was $550. I think it still is.

It's amazing how fast this thing is. Both cameras are great, audio from the 3.5mm jack is great (even the Dolby effects are cool).

I think the phones speakers are awesome, definitely better than my Note 7, but then I never used the old boomsound setup.

Only thing I don't like is that status bar icons look like trash, but that's an opinion.

Is the Camera as good as the Note 7?

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Is the Camera as good as the Note 7?
Well it depends.

Selfies are better on the HTC, I can get more keepers cause of the OIS.

Samsung, by default, over sharpens and over saturates their JPEGs. Reason for this is that it looks good on a 5.5" AMOLED screen.

HTC on the other hand is gentle on the processing and even lets you capture RAW. So while the colors are more "true to life" they may end up looking more muted than Samsung.

Honestly I prefer Samsung's rendition of JPEGs as I like vibrant and saturated over realistic. But that same effect can be achieved on any other smartphone by simply dialing it in.

As for the camera app, Samsung's shot to shot time is faster than HTC's, Note 7 definitely achieved focus faster.

Other than those points, it's a wash honestly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress