Deadline to return

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone heard if there's a deadline to return? I called Samsung and T-Mobile I couldn't get a answer on a deadline. Just the robotic answer of power down and visit a T-Mobile store. I think I'm going to roll the dice with my Note7 . There just not another phone I want . Plus a S7 would be a down grade. I'm thinking if there's not a deadline I can just wait for the S8 or whatever Samsung comes out with next .

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone heard if there's a deadline to return? I called Samsung and T-Mobile I couldn't get a answer on a deadline. Just the robotic answer of power down and visit a T-Mobile store. I think I'm going to roll the dice with my Note7 . There just not another phone I want . Plus a S7 would be a down grade. I'm thinking if there's not a deadline I can just wait for the S8 or whatever Samsung comes out with next .
I am doing the same thing.

James Beam

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
What do you mean by crippled?

I heard Samsung hired Joe Pesci to go around and bust all the Note 7s kneecaps! Lol no, there is speculation that Samsung will eventually send out some type of update to essentially brick the phone. At the very least, I can see the carriers eventually booting them off the networks and blacklisting the IMEI numbers so they'll just be a wifi only device.

subraya

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
It's worth a shot. There is no other phone like the Note 7 out there. Personally I feel its the best phone anyone could dream for. I would have thought the same. Not all note 7 units are defective I guess.

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
My replacement and original Note 7 have never gotten warmer then any other phone that I've had and they both have worked flawlessly . I know they take them back and refund in any condition. So if they brick or it burns or I break. Why not wait till then to return ? I'm not planning on flying anytime soon

paigeey

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
On October 13th, Sprint sent me a text saying I had 15 days to return phone or I'll have to pay in full. Text was on note 7 so I don't have that text anymore.

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
On October 13th, Sprint sent me a text saying I had 15 days to return phone or I'll have to pay in full. Text was on note 7 so I don't have that text anymore.

Thats weird. We never received a text like that from Sprint. Your the 2nd person on here to say that.

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I've never gotten anything like that from T-Moblie . Just to return it . Not by any date . What if you paid in full ? I did . So after that date your just out about 900 dollars

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Eventually all carriers will eliminate the note 7 from their network so anyone who doesn't want to return it exchange their note 7 will have the phone deactivated by force. That's my belief. It's too risky for carriers and Samsung to have these still active in the marketplace.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Why don't they just do it now ? Why wait ? How dose the risk for them get higher later ? I think I read on Samsung the recall was voluntary

Don't believe all these folks with their unproven theories. I called my carrier today and the rep said there had been no mention of a deadline yet. I'm on the same train of thought as you. I know I'll have to give it up but I'm waiting until the S8 if they allow me. I dont actually think there can be a deadline since this is safety related. All that can happen is some sort of disabling (which no credible source has mentioned), which would surely be preceded by a warning from Samsung and our carriers. I'm hanging in there with ya.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I also have T-Mobile, and would like to have it as long as possible, and still get a full refund when I am willing to return it. Say in 6 months from now, can I still get a full refund?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair