"Buy a Galaxy Device and Get a Free VR" - (thru 10/31 - includes Note 5)

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Sale Offers & Specials on Tablets, TVs, Laptops & More| Samsung

While this promo/special deal is not for the Note 7, I posted it here since many of you are exchanging for another Galaxy, including the S7, S7E and Note 5. All three, plus the S6 (not sure if S6E) are included in this offer. This special (not listed as a promo, and must be purchased thru Samsung's site) lists them all.

Good luck :)

"*Must be 18+ & 50 US/DC resident. Purchase a qualifying Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S6 or Note 5 on Samsung.com and receive a bonus Gear VR (SM-R322NZWAXAR) at the time of purchase, only while supplies last. Price of Gear VR (SM-R322NZWAXAR) will automatically be reduced to $0 in the cart. Must check out with both items in the same transaction. Gear VR may be shipped separately. If qualifying purchase item is returned, customer will forfeit bonus item. Offer valid through 10/31/16, or while supplies last, whichever is earlier. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Offer cannot be combined with any other rebate, offer or discount. Taxes, shipping fees and other costs may apply."

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Buy a Galaxy Device and Get a Free VR" - (thru 10/31 - includes Note 5)

Does the Note 5 get hot when used with the VR? I haven't yet taken the VR I got from the original (second?) promo out of the box. Fortunately I hadn't yet passed my N5 down the family chain. Hoping to check it out this weekend.

Last edited:

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
After seeing how the N7 customers are being treated, that bought directly from Samsung.com, I'll never buy a phone directly from them..

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: "Buy a Galaxy Device and Get a Free VR" - (thru 10/31 - includes Note 5)

Does the Note 5 get hot when used with the VR? I haven't yet taken the VR I got from the original (second?) promo out of the box. Fortunately I hadn't yet passed my N5 down the family chain. Hoping to check it out this weekend.
Mine did with the first Vr, haven't tried it with the new one, but imagine it will

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine did the other day. A little note popped up and said either the phone or the vr needed to cool down. Never saw that with my note 7.
I got that offer in an email message. When I tried searching on "Note 5" the screen locked up! Hmmm.

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
So adding insult to injury for people that were not able to swap their N7 before Oct 9th to get a VR, they bring back the promo but only if purchased via Samsung directly?

Forgive me if Im wrong, the browser I have on this Tab E Im stuck with keeps lagging and crashing before I can read the other page :p

Adaboy

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm switching over to the S7 Edge. Anyone know if it gets hot while using the VR? I haven't taken it out of the box yet since we couldn't use it with the N7.

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm switching over to the S7 Edge. Anyone know if it gets hot while using the VR? I haven't taken it out of the box yet since we couldn't use it with the N7.

I switched to the S7E as well, I have the first (well, 2nd, the innovator gear VR for the S6 is my first pair) gear VR so I will mess with it tonight to see if it heats up. I have a black one just approved by Samsung promotions coming within the next few weeks, I don't know if there is a design difference between the 2.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

It does, and after about 20min of use, I start getting messages that the device needs to cool down to operate properly, then it starts getting all sorts of laggy

Eta: I checked the batt and cpu temp with phone info app after pulling my s7e out of the vr last time I got this message...

Battery 48°C. Cpu 86°C