Verizon - telling me I'm stuck for 2 years if I get a S7 Edge

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a feeling that when the S8 comes out, yall are going to get screwed over. Hopefully not, but these reps are stupid. They don't usually know what they're talking about

lol, yeah I get that feeling too. If I order the S7E, I'm going to immediately chat and if they won't change my account to reflect the 50% payoff, I'll cancel the order.

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I bought the S7 Edge the day before the cut off and when buying it the sales rep told me I was eligible for the annual upgrade. Checking my account it says pay in full. Ridiculous.

James Beam

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Everyone should just be careful as to what CSRs promise. Just make sure you know what you're agreeing to when you sign something... 55555.png

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
when i got my note 7, the rep told me i had to actually wait 12 months before i could trade in the phone. i couldnt just pay the 50%.
i was also told that now i'd have to pay 75% or 100% of device to upgrade. i cant get a straight answer.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I'll also add that do not trust these reps. They will screw you over big time and they'll suffer no consequences. I have 7 more days until my 14 day trial is over for my priv. Hopefully samsung will extend the annual upgrade program by then.

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
talked to another rep today, and was told that only iphones are available for early upgrades. every other phone needs to be paid in full to upgrade.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
talked to another rep today, and was told that only iphones are available for early upgrades. every other phone needs to be paid in full to upgrade.

That may be the only CURRENTLY running program, but the S7 and S7 edge were first sold with an annual upgrade program. Samsung is offering something similar that in Korea to keep Note 7 customers, in that they can exchange for a S8 or Note 8 if they buy an S7 or S7 edge.

Would be nice if they bring that to the U.S. soon.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
That may be the only CURRENTLY running program, but the S7 and S7 edge were first sold with an annual upgrade program. Samsung is offering something similar that in Korea to keep Note 7 customers, in that they can exchange for a S8 or Note 8 if they buy an S7 or S7 edge.

Would be nice if they bring that to the U.S. soon.

Not even sure about that... I'm looking to try and find, but I *believe* I read that Sammy said that was totally false. Ugh. what a mess for everyone. I will try to find that article.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Not even sure about that... I'm looking to try and find, but I *believe* I read that Sammy said that was totally false. Ugh. what a mess for everyone. I will try to find that article.

We are on Verizon and my wife's S7E is on Verizon's annual upgrade as long as 50% is paid off she can upgrade to Sammy's latest and greatest.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a feeling that when the S8 comes out, yall are going to get screwed over. Hopefully not, but these reps are stupid. They don't usually know what they're talking about

One can't get screwed over if one has it in writing. :D

And I'm not looking for the S8.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
We are on Verizon and my wife's S7E is on Verizon's annual upgrade as long as 50% is paid off she can upgrade to Sammy's latest and greatest.

Yep. That's what they told me in the store... 50%
Yep. That's what they told me when I called in... just to make sure.
Nope. When I started a support chat, "just to be really, really sure...", it was No, actually, it's now 100%.
Nope. When I called in complaining about different answers, the 4th and final answer I got was, "Sorry, it's now 100%".

Get it in writing. The only way to do that is through chat, because I'm pretty sure you won't get it otherwise... Your contract also says that it doesn't really matter what anyone tells you, but if you have it in a chat session, at least that is "in writing". That's why I tried chat... I was hoping to get it in writing, but the chat session was where I got my first, "Nope".

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
One can't get screwed over if one has it in writing. :D

And I'm not looking for the S8.
Like I said, I hope it works out for yall. I think they should extend the S7 edge annual upgrade plan since the Note 7 is dead, but that customer agreement basically supercedes anything in writing from the way it's worded. Just not a chance I'm willing to take lol.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Like I said, I hope it works out for yall. I think they should extend the S7 edge annual upgrade plan since the Note 7 is dead, but that customer agreement basically supercedes anything in writing from the way it's worded. Just not a chance I'm willing to take lol.

You are correct - funny how the only thing left on the upgrade plan is the Iturd and they have zero in stock.

I am contemplating returning the S7 Edge - I'm just not digging it. I have a couple of devices I can fall back to in the meantime.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
You are correct - funny how the only thing left on the upgrade plan is the Iturd and they have zero in stock.

I am contemplating returning the S7 Edge - I'm just not digging it. I have a couple of devices I can fall back to in the meantime.
Which devices you got?

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Yep. That's what they told me in the store... 50%
Yep. That's what they told me when I called in... just to make sure.
Nope. When I started a support chat, "just to be really, really sure...", it was No, actually, it's now 100%.
Nope. When I called in complaining about different answers, the 4th and final answer I got was, "Sorry, it's now 100%".

Get it in writing. The only way to do that is through chat, because I'm pretty sure you won't get it otherwise... Your contract also says that it doesn't really matter what anyone tells you, but if you have it in a chat session, at least that is "in writing". That's why I tried chat... I was hoping to get it in writing, but the chat session was where I got my first, "Nope".

Yep. In writing and noted in my account.

Attachments

• 1444.jpg
    1444.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 65